“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Longview

Wingate by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Longview

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel was being renovated, which was ok, but should have been posted on website. Pool was not useable the first day of the visit. AC did not work well at all , and very questionable stains on pillows, and carpets in the suite. Controls on the hot tub in the room were broken and room smelled like cigar smoke thou it was a non smoking room. Breakfast was decent and the staff were friendly, letting us check in a little early. Overall, ok, did not ruin the trip but would not come back. Be advised also that checkin is at 3, not 2 as stated on website.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Christopher,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize you were less than pleased with your stay. I have paid special attention to this review in particular because, quite frankly, I find it utterly unacceptable. I sincerely regret that you were ever even placed in a room that was in the state that yours was in. I have already addressed and reviewed your review with my Head Housekeeper and advised her that this was unacceptable. Maintenance has been notified as well. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact me directly. I hope that we can have you back in the future and show you the way we normally take care of our guests.
Longview
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Of course, the Wingate I stayed in is being remodeled, so I would expect the lobby to be a mess. My room this visit was clean and quiet. The carpet was torn at the bathroom, but it did not affect my stay. The staff was great and I understand wear and tear.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Jessie,

Thank you for your patience and understanding during our renovation. I am pleased to know that you were very satisfied with your room and we were able to meet your expectations. I will have the issue with the carpet by the bathroom addressed and corrected. Thank You again for your time and kind words about our hotel and staff.
Longview
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The first thing the lobby was under construction we called the direct line to the hotel to book the day before and at check in I asked why I wasn't told about the construction at booking I was told because it didn't effect the room. When we get to the room the vener edges of the tv cabinet were blowing in the wind of the ac hanging on by a tread I would avoid this property next time

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danny,

I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I can assure you that I will be addressing your concerns with my maintenance team and that room will be given special attention. If you are ever in the area again, I would encourage you to visit us and give us another opportunity to better serve you. Thanks for your time.

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels