“Hotel condition has deteriorated since my last stay. Hotel...”

Wingate by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Longview
“Hotel condition has deteriorated since my last stay. Hotel...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel condition has deteriorated since my last stay. Hotel needs updating badly. Not a good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Warren,

Thank you for your review of our property. I do agree completely that we need some updating, since you reviewed our hotel 2 days ago, you are aware that our lobby is currently undergoing a full renovation. When that phase of construction is completed, we will begin renovation of our guestrooms. Thank you for your patience and understanding during our time of transition.

Josh Turner, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
longview, tx
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My son and I stayed in this hotel for a week. The hotel is being remodeled and the lobby was a mess, but breakfast was served amidst the mess each morning. My major complaint about this hotel is that the workers were staying in the room next to ours. They played their televeision way too loud for 4 days and 3 night without ever turning it off. I knocked on the door, slid a note under their door, asked the management for help on 3 different occassions, and nothing was done to fix the problem. We did not sleep! When I stay in a hotel, I expect to be able to sleep. Completely unacceptable!

Room Tip: No rest for the weary
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your stay. Unfortunately remodeling and renovations are not convenient but they are a necessary part of the business industry. I will definitely address the television noise issue with the construction crew. Thank You again for your review of our property.

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel was being renovated, which was ok, but should have been posted on website. Pool was not useable the first day of the visit. AC did not work well at all , and very questionable stains on pillows, and carpets in the suite. Controls on the hot tub in the room were broken and room smelled like cigar smoke thou it was a non smoking room. Breakfast was decent and the staff were friendly, letting us check in a little early. Overall, ok, did not ruin the trip but would not come back. Be advised also that checkin is at 3, not 2 as stated on website.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Christopher,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize you were less than pleased with your stay. I have paid special attention to this review in particular because, quite frankly, I find it utterly unacceptable. I sincerely regret that you were ever even placed in a room that was in the state that yours was in. I have already addressed and reviewed your review with my Head Housekeeper and advised her that this was unacceptable. Maintenance has been notified as well. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact me directly. I hope that we can have you back in the future and show you the way we normally take care of our guests.