Wingate by Wyndham Longview
US$87
US$80
US$101
Agoda.com
Days Inn Longview South(Longview)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$90
Priceline
All reviewsindoor poolenjoyed my staynight stayrestaurants and shoppingbagelsup to datein townstaff was friendlyfree breakfastsaunatexasrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during the national hot air balloon competition, along with several of the pilots. I found the rooms to be clean and very comfortable. I was unable to enjoy the breakfast in the morning as we had to leave for our hot air balloon crewing duties 30 minutes before it was available. The breakfast, however, appeared to be above average. The only complaint that I have is that any time I needed a front desk attendant there was none to be found. I had to wait as long as 20 minutes for someone to arrive and assist me

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad that we were able to be your home away from home during the Great Texas Balloon Race this year. I am so sorry to hear the breakfast was not available for you during the early morning departure you made. I will make sure this is addressed with my breakfast attendant, and next year I will definitely have breakfast available for all the GTBR crews we have staying with us. I apologize for the delay that you experienced while waiting for assistance from my Front Desk staff. I will forward these concerns to upper management and examine the possibility of having more double coverage during the GTBR week next year. We typically do not experience the issue that you had, however I will make sure it is addressed and corrected. Thank you again for your stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We will see you next year!

-Josh Turner, GM

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited this Wingate two years ago and found it to be a lot better in the past. Breakfast was mediocre, rooms could be cleaner. The people at the desk are very nice but we were disappointed in the breakfast and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were less than 100% satisfied with your recent stay. Our breakfast is a standard that is set by Wyndham, so unfortunately we do not have much room for change in that area, however your comments will be passed on.

I am disappointed to read that you feel the room could have been cleaner, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms here at the Wingate. I will be personally addressing your concerns with my head housekeeper and making any changes that may be deemed necessary to ensure our rooms are as clean as possible.

Again, thank you for your time and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

-Josh Turner, General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is going through renovations and I would of liked to have been told this when I went to make the reservations. We had a couple of issues in the room, but when I told the staff about it, it was fixed promptly and to our satisfaction. I would not recommend this hotel while it is going through renovations, but once those are complete then yes I would recommend it and I would stay in it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize you were displeased with the state of our lobby during the renovations. You will be pleased to know that the lobby renovations are now completed. We encourage you to visit us again and spend time with us in the future. Thanks Again.

-Josh Turner, GM

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I reserved our room for the first stay (5-30-14 thru 6-1-14) thru Wyndham. We requested a King Bed w/ Pull Out Sofa. Upon entering the room we were impressed a the extreemly large suite for the price. Then we opened the fridge to find it hot and covered in mold. Discovering that it was turned off, he turned it on and called the front desk and asked them to come clean and disinfect it. The clerk said that house keeping was gone for the day and that it would be tomorrow or she could move us to a smaller room. Since we had already unpacked and had the room set up he asked if she could send a bottle of cleaner and a rag up and we would clean it that we did not mind. She never sent the cleaner up. Saturday morning we stopped by the front desk to make sure they would clean it and report that the clerk did not do what she said she would. We arrived back at approximately 3:00 p.m. and the fridge was clean but back in the off position - I turned it back on. At approximately 3:20 there was a knock at the door and it was two housekeepers coming to check on the fridge. We were informed that is was broken and maintance would not be back until Sunday morning. "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do until maintaince comes back" is what we were told. Later the evening we went to the front desk because the air was not as cool as we liked, and asked for a fan. We also took this opportunity to tell the clerk about the previous nights problems with the fridge and that they did not bother to check it out until after maintance left for the day. Then, when we checked out we reported the problems again. We did not even mind the fact that the whole downstairs flooring was ripped up for remodeling ... we do understand construction

Even though we had problems with the fridge and what seemed to be employees not doing their job or no comunication between employees and management, we had plans to return for a class reunion June 12 thru June 15 we decided to book with Wingage again since the room was so large and nice and the large room would be perfect to work with the reunion committe and finish the last minute necessities. This time even though we requested the identical information thru Wyndham we were put into a room that was literally 1/2 the size of the previous room and was charged more than our reservation stated. Finally, after they corrected the price and after they refused to move us to the larger room, one clerk telling us that we had been previously given a free upgrade because of them being over booked ( but remember we were given the option of being moved to a smaller room when the fridge did not work) and telling us that the manager would contact us Saturday morning (which he/she never did) and the day shift clerk not being any more helpful we delt with the disapointment of the room, the 1st floor still flooring not being put down, as well as all of the flooring on the 2nd floor had been removed, and the empolyees and management not doing what they say they will do, we survived the weekend, but it will not happen again. I am not even sure that we will ever try another Wingate or a Wyndham Hotel again. I believe in second chances but I feel like twice is enough. Room 213 for the 1st stay Invoice #1392166 -- Room 217 for the second stay (I do have the invoice # for the second stay just not with me) Guess that is what we get for trying to save $15 dollars a night and going to Wingate

B Bess
Heavener, OK

Room Tip: When you check in double check your receipt to make sure you are charged the price quoted and not more -- and ask if you have been given a "FREE" upgrade, so you know what to expect for your next stay. The Comfort Inn next door (where we have always stayed every year for the family reunion) has larger rooms, we have only had one problem in 6 years - we entered a our room and it had not been cleaned from the previous night. They quickly moved us to another room, an employee came and helped move bags to the new room. Saturday when we returned from the family reunion there was a note under the door from the manager apologizing for the trouble and for the unnecessary trouble she had taken $50 off the room for the 1st nights stay! Guess that is what we get for trying to save $15 dollars a night and going to Wingate
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Bryan,

Thank you for your time in writing this review. I apologize for the dissatisfaction that you have with your previous stays. I believe that you and I could better communicate with each other via telephone. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience, 903-663-3196 ext. 4112. Thank you Again.

Josh Turner, GM

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visit Longview at least 2-3 times a year and use to love staying at this hotel; however the past couple of visit has been an issue. The hotel overall is okay to stay at, but as for customer service it has been poor lately. An example, the last time I booked through a third pt. site and was upset when they gave me a king size bed for a party of 5. I am totally aware that booking through this site, you never know what you’re going to get. However, they place a family of 5 in a king size bed and didn't ever bring the roll out. I was so upset because I know how it works the hotel just want the room to be full. When speaking to the manager I don't feel like he cared about the issue. The manager stated you booked with a third party and it was nothing I could do. Don't do business with the sites if you’re not going to accommodate your customers, it make the hotel look bad also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
1  Thank Donna W
WingateLongview, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Donna,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that you were less than completely satisfied with your stay. Please allow me to be clear, we do not just sell our hotel out with the simple goal that every room is full of people. We take care to ensure each and every guest has a enjoyable stay and we try to be as accommodating as we can towards everyone's specific needs. That being said, we do not encourage guests to book through third party websites because of the exact example you provided. We receive reservations from a third party booking company with a room type based on the number of people that are expected to arrive in that party. If a guest who books their room online neglects to mention that they will have more than 1 person traveling, the request for a room with more than one bed may be denied by the third party or changed in transition due to the fact that the system sees it as a single occupancy room. It happens time and time again and when it does we DO always try to remedy whatever situation may arise. However, if this happens during a time when we are sold out, our options at Property level may be limited.

I apologize that you did not receive a roll-away bed as you requested, that is an unacceptable aspect of your stay and I will be addressing it with the front desk representative who was working at the time you stayed. I however, did not speak to you as you noted previously in your review. I apologize for any confusion as to who you may have been speaking with, but I am not typically in the office on weekends, so there would not have been a way that we would have spoken with each other. If you have any questions or further comments about your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time, and we hope to see you again in the future,
Josh Turner, General Manager