“Guest "Specialist" yea right!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Longview

Motel 6 Longview
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Biloxi, MS
“Guest "Specialist" yea right!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

I stayed at motel 6 in Longview, Tx on June 17, 2009 on my way home from a trip with my grandchildren (4 of them). I asked for a Handicapped room since I had my leg amputated 3 weeks before. I finally got to the room and finally got into the room and found that I could not even get between the beds for the remote or phone to complain. I was too tired to go to the office to ask why this room was NOT handicapped equiped. I decided I was going to take a shower and headed for the bathroom. Not only was the bathroom definitely not handicapped equipped (no rails, no shower chair) there was pee all over the floor by the toilet and on the toilet that looked like it had been there for awhile (approx 1 month). It was disgusting!!!. I finally got to the phone and called the office to find out what room was available to change to and was told there were no more rooms availiable. & a housekeeper would be sent to clean up. After 3 hours NO housekeeper, by then it was already 3am and I went to bed. I checked out the next morning & again let the desk know how bad the room was & it was not handicapped. When I got home I e-mailed Motel 6 consumer relations "specialist" Eric Popadopoulos and was told that I would receive a voucher for a one night stay (oh boy, another night in Hell). After 2 weeks NO voucher so I emailed again and was told that it was my problem and that the matter was closed and final and he would not SPEAK WITH ME AGAIN ON THE MATTER (his words ). This would not be so bad and I wouldn't have asked for anything but I had almost the same problem on the way to Texas in Baytown. I asked and paid for 2 rooms, 1 which would need to be a handicapped room. I could not even get into the bathroom without help, how embarrassing. I couldn't get into the shower to clean up, nor could I help my grandchildren into the bath. This was ridiculous!!! I will never again use Motel 6 and now a voucher is not good enough, I want my money back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank flygrlright

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arlington, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2008

Stopped in because it was on our way to another destination. We thought it would be good enough for a sleep-over. It was NOT.
I've stayed at Motel 6 on other trips to get a little rest, and it's never been a problem. Not so here.
Terribly rude staff, shady characters around every corner, horrible bed, worst shower ever, no water pressure in the sink. I rarely feel unsafe, but I did here.
About ever half-hour, I would be awakened by a car driving through with its bass rattling bones.
Avoid it at all costs. Stay at another place at one of the other 2 Longview exits.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2006

My family stayed at the Motel 6 in Longview Texas July 7-9, 2006. The accommodations were great but I will never stay there again. My daughter plays on an ASA Softball Team and we had 5 rooms. We were harassed and treated like dogs by car loads of young men driving through the parking lot and young men walking through the motel complex. Then the morning we left there was a man with his curtains open, lying in his bed with everything to see! The front desk employees were very helpful and were very apologetic about what had happened. I think they really need security help. I did not feel safe.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business