“Wow- what a great BBQ dive!”
Review of Carter's Bar-B-Que

Carter's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #20 of 236 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Found randomly, but I could tell by the cars/trucks and near line out the door, I had chosen wisely! Awesome brisket- next time will try the famous ribs- they looked amazing. For me to praise red meat is rare- I only eat it 2-3 x month. For the more main stream meat fans, I am sure this is heaven on earth. Since in Texas, BBQ in near a religious experience, I will return with friends and family, future converts to the Carter experience.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Don't go at noon....packed out! But you will find out why when you eat Carter's. Great sauce and meat that is lean and tasty. You will not go away hungry...5 Stars!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We ordered the chopped beef sandwich and a meat combo.

Awesome: BBQ sauce and ribs
Really Good: chopped beef sandwich, beans, cole slaw
OK: sliced beef (it was a bit dry, much better to get it chopped we felt)

Overall, a very good BBQ lunch that we would definitely go for again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to eat BBQ in Longview. It is a old converted building, (but hey, how many great BBQ places are like that?). The food has very big portions and I have not found any meats that are bad. Come hungry you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've checked out two of the local top rated barbecue places lately and was disappointed in both of them. Carter's came through with tender brisket and a tangy, distinctive barbecue sauce. I had a sliced brisket sandwich stacked nice and high. The building is a renovated gas station so no pretenses here, but I didn't come for the looks. I came for good brisket and they delivered!