“Hey hey”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Tyler, Texas
“Hey hey”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Well, being a born and raised, never left, true blooded Texan, I am, of course, a BBQ expert. Maybe the only food I am as nearly qualified on is TexMex, but.... I digress.
I have eaten at Carter's twice and can definately certify it Texas worthy! Half busted up building, loaves of bread stored everywhere, and a line out the door! Ribs I'd rate 7/10. Sides 7/10. Sausage 8/10.
Service- these folks work their buns off cutting meat and filling orders. They are too busy for small talk (hey, you New Yorker's can dig that right?). I'll be back and join the rest of the crowd at the END of the lunch line.

Lewsiville,Tx
“Wow- what a great BBQ dive!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Found randomly, but I could tell by the cars/trucks and near line out the door, I had chosen wisely! Awesome brisket- next time will try the famous ribs- they looked amazing. For me to praise red meat is rare- I only eat it 2-3 x month. For the more main stream meat fans, I am sure this is heaven on earth. Since in Texas, BBQ in near a religious experience, I will return with friends and family, future converts to the Carter experience.

Visited March 2014
Longview, Texas
“Best BBQ in Longview!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Don't go at noon....packed out! But you will find out why when you eat Carter's. Great sauce and meat that is lean and tasty. You will not go away hungry...5 Stars!

• Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Very yummy and filling”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We ordered the chopped beef sandwich and a meat combo.

Awesome: BBQ sauce and ribs
Really Good: chopped beef sandwich, beans, cole slaw
OK: sliced beef (it was a bit dry, much better to get it chopped we felt)

Overall, a very good BBQ lunch that we would definitely go for again.

• Visited December 2013
“Best BBQ in Longview.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to eat BBQ in Longview. It is a old converted building, (but hey, how many great BBQ places are like that?). The food has very big portions and I have not found any meats that are bad. Come hungry you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013