Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Longview-North
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Typical”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I travel quite a bit for work & often stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. This one was average for this brand. However, the hotel is conveniently located near major roads, shopping, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I've stayed here many times. They know my name, welcome back each time. Have my room checkin ready along with a priority club welcome gift. The cinnamon rolls in the morning are fantastic! I like having a refrigerator and microwave in the room to keep costs down. It's a great hotel with a great staff.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
longview
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We arrived around 3:40 pm, check in is at 3:00 pm. The manager informed me she couldn't check me in because the room wasn't cleaned yet. I told her that bothered me. I told the manager I must be checked out by 11:00 am the next day so she should also have a room available for me, especially when I reserved and paid two weeks in advance. She wasn't willing to work with me on anything and informed me three times she couldn't get me into my room at that time. I called Priority Club and they suggested speaking with the manager to see if she would make things right. I went back in and told the lady working the counter we would just have to wait since the other hotels were booked. Then the manager walked back in and wanted to discuss it, after a few minutes I told her I didn't care to speak to her about it any further and that I didn't want anything from her. She then told me when we checked out to write down what I would like for her to do to make things right. Apparently she had received a phone call from Priority Club after I called them.

After all this, we didn't get the wake up call I requested, and there were kids running up and down the halls until around 11:00 pm. We could hear them talking and running, could even hear them running on the floor above us. There was nobody telling them to stop. They were given free reign of the entire hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

Staff offer great customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay with them. Rooms were always clean and comfortable. This hotel is in a great location, near lots of shopping and restraunts.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

Nightmarish stay - to sum it up!

My room keys wouldn't work the 2nd day of my stay on business and the hotel staff couldn't arrange to get this fixed. Everytime, I had to go out, I had to ask the front desk staff for the master key, go and open my room and then come down to return the key.

The most impolite, uncaring, unprofessional and insensitive staff I would've ever seen in any hotel chain - I am not coming back to stay at this hotel for sure. And would reconsider ever staying at a Holiday Inn!

The weirdest thing is that they never offered me any other options to consider - a different room/move to sister property/making 1 night free/complimentary voucher?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandip B
Sulphur Springs TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

We came for a basketball tournament and We were really delighted at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were fantastic. We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub, and the free breakfast the next morning was great. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank travelagentsusan
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

We stayed here one night for a Bike Rally. I am a hotel snob, so I expected nothing. We got so much more. Peaceful, quiet, very clean and nice. Service at the front desk was superb. We used our government id for the military discount of 79.00. What a bargain. Breakfast was wonderful as well.This will be the only place we stay when we come back to Longview. Area of town was nice as well, by the mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple