“Recent and frist visit”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Greenville, Texas
“Recent and frist visit”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were impressed by warm and courteous staff from the minute we arrived through this morning when we checked out. The rooms were clean and fresh, the breakfast setup was quite nice and the coffee was great. Coming in each day after 8 hour training classes was ice to be greeted with fresh baked cookies and coffee. We do plan stay here again the next time we are in for training.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Niles, Illinois
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had checked in at 11:00 am and was very tried from driving from Chicago. They had no open rooms available but did have one suite open and of course they upgraded us to that suite. The room was very clean and well stocked with all the Holiday inn stuff. The manager of the hotel told me to come down in about 10 minutes for some goodies. She had mad us some fresh cookies. What a surprise for us !!! Really you talk about southern hospitality the finest I have ever run into at a Holiday Inn. Kudos to all the people that work there.

Breakfast was the same at all Holiday inn Express but good nice assortment of things to eat.

In closing I will stay there again since the Daughter moved down there...

A big thank-you to all the staff and especially the Manager of the hotel....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very hard to locate. I spent 45 minutes driving the loop. No signage. I arrived at 6:00pm after driving all day. The desk help was outstanding(Sonya and another young lady who did not have a name tag) were outstanding. They made part of a difficult day go away. The room was good. the buffet was acceptable. The young ladies were great. They should be commended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
hiexpsales, Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Greetings Ron! Thank you for your review on our hotel. We do appreciate you staying with us while you were visiting the Longview area! I will let upper management know about the difficulty you had in locating our hotel. I know we have two bill boards up here in Longview.

One billboard is located coming in from Dallas off of Highway 31 - headed north into Longview, just past the first exit for Loop 281.
The second location is off Loop 281 headed west - coming in from Shreveport, LA. (Just past the Wal-Mart off 4th Street)

Maybe we could purchase another billboard for those guests come up Highway 259 North. Thank you for your comments on our staff! We work really hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay with us! Come back and see us next time you are in the Longview area! We would love another opportunity to serve you!
dallas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were in Longview for a wedding. This Holiday Inn Express was fine. Room was clean, bed not the best but ok. Our room didn't have towels-the maids were out in the hall so I asked for some and she handed me everything we needed & apologized.
Breakfast was typical for a HIE and was pretty good. I would stay here again if in Longview.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear libby b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is great to know your concerns were addressed by our staff during your stay and that you appreciated the breakfast. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room cleanliness. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Welcoming Staff and Accommodating when requested, everyone was friendly, we were there for our family reunion and having such a large group can be difficult but the breakfast was always hot n fresh, rooms were clean, small gym but it gets the job done, and right across the street from the mall, restaurants, fast food etc. Had a great stay and would recommend to anyone headed to Longview!

• Stayed August 2013
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Not only was the desk clerk extremely helpful, we felt very pampered with welcome beverages and homemade cookies ! We need to visit this area on a quarterly basis, no doubt we'll be heading back to the Holiday Inn Express - North Longview !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

What is the problem with HOLIDAY INN and their internet access? I am sick and tired of the poor to no Internet access at this location. Every time I stay here I have to spend 15-30 minutes with an IT guy on the phone to correct. In the end it is always a problem on their end. They take my IP address and tell me they have authorized a pass through. Usually this works but last night it did not. I would have access for about 2-3 minutes and then nothing. Can't get anything done like this and their is no sense in it. Not at these rates.

This happens over and over at several HI locations I stay at. I never have any issues at Hampton, Super 8, Best Western, or any of the other HI affiliates. Only Holiday Inn. I think it is time they rethink their contract with their Internet \ IT provider.

I stay at HI most of the time and in the past have preffered HI. I am getting tired of just dealing with poor Internet access. I am Almost to the point of taking my preferred business to Hampton.

The accommodations are nice and clean. The staff is helpful and accommodating for the most part but this Internet access crap is getting on my last nerve.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
hiexpsales, Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Yes! I remember checking out your reservations and you had previously mentioned on your way out about the internet here at the hotel, and all other Holiday Inn's and Expresses... Again, I wanted to express my concerns and apologies. We strive to meet all the requirements that our guests need for their internet support. I have emailed our IT support in relation to your particular issues and we will review your comments to address the situation. I appreciate you letting me know and please try us again next time you are in town! We appreciate you being a PLATINUM IHG Rewards Member!
-Crystal Jackson