“Nice place, good food!”

Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The newly remodeled Café Barron's features a full service bar, extensive wine & beer list and three imaginative menus: lunch, dinner, and Saturday brunch, with small plates featured for afternoon cocktails. A few of our favorites include veal picatta, hot 'n crunchy chicken, pomegranate salmon, a mouthwatering mesquite bison burger and hand-cut ribeyes. Our focus is providing delicious innovative food in a refreshing, upscale, unpretentious comfortable space.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Nice place, quiet enjoyable eating space, not too crowded, the desserts were wonderful! We were treated by friends, it is a very European type of place.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our party of six has made reservations for the Mother's Day buffet for several years. This year was a very disappointing experience. Our group was seated outside which was very chilly and windy. Our request for inside seating was ignored even though there were several empty tables inside that remained empty during our entire dining experience. This year's Mother's Day showed a significant decline in diners. The prime rib was cold, over cooked and extremely tough. Both desserts were not prepared on-site, lacking in presentation and quality. The waitress virtually forgot that we were there sitting in the wind and cold. The last few times that I have dined at Barron's have not measured up to their previous quality of food and service.

4  Thank FlamFlomingo
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Cafe Barron's is a wonderful restaurant.
I had the Wasabi Salmon & my wife had the Hot & Crunchy Chicken.
The food is of a high quality in that the flavors & presentation depict a simple precision which is uncomplicated yet very adventurous.
The service was also adequately precise, courteous, and conveniently attentive.
The atmosphere was just right; quiet with soft background music which is very conducive to quiet conversation over ones meal. No unwelcome distractions from the atmosphere.
The cost is on par; slightly more than, say, Red Lobster or Olive Garden but far, far greater quality all the way around.
I want to go back a get onto the chocolate & coffee.
I would certainly recommend a visit.

Barry Vance

1  Thank jumpy180
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I wish that restaurants like Barron's would strive to serve excellent food. It's a cute place inside a beautiful store and business people take other people there to eat. Or groups of ladies meet there for someone's birthday. I recently had lunch there trying to treat myself to something special. The server was very nice and helped me choose lobster/crab cakes. The two cakes sat in a pool of garlicky dill remoulade that completely over powered the cakes. The salad on the plate had brown edges and a dismal dressing. The bread and butter in little pots was crusty and warm. None of the deserts are made on premises which is okay I guess. At over 5.00 for tiramisu u can decide if that is really how you want to spend your dining dollars. The lunch with desert to go and a tip was just under 20.00. Could you try just a little harder?

6  Thank JDRED
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Excellent chef preparing quality meals with fresh ingredients. Bread is fantastic, too. I always enjoy an evening dining with my wife at Barron's. Probably the best restaurant in Longview.

1  Thank KarenLongview_Texas