“Worst hotel experience I have EVER had”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Texarkana
“Worst hotel experience I have EVER had”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I were staying in this hotel for his work for about three weeks. Let me start with the manager/owner. He lives here with his family. Any time you buzz for someone at the front desk he approaches blurry-eyed and half asleep. He has no facial expressions and the inflection in his voice never changes. Since it was my husband, myself, and our baby, we got a room with a king sized bed. They offered us a "suite" at no extra charge because it has cabinets and a sink. I thought this was a great deal until I realized I would have to clean the cabinets myself. Food was in all of them. The floor had not been vacuumed, and there were juice bottles under the furniture from where children had been here before. Our bathroom light did not work for a week. We had to use the bathroom with the door open and shower with a candle. He said that he could not fix it and we would have to switch rooms. Once we couldn't take it anymore, we offered to switch rooms. The room he took me to see was exactly like ours except I noticed a boxed fan in the floor. He opened the window and was like, "here, we can cool it off in here" (instead of using the AC). I was like "wait, does the AC even work?" He said yes, and turned it on and surprise! It did not work. Then he has the nerve to say, "I will just fix your bathroom light. Let me get some tools." He comes and fixes it in about ten minutes.

We got locked out of our room and had to go reset the key. When we did this, my husband had to use the bathroom and was going to use the one in the hall available to everyone. When he tried, the light was out! The manager had taken the light out of the bathroom in the hall to put in ours instead of buying a new one! Out of three lamps in the room, one worked. One didn't even have an available outlet to plug it into, the other that was mounted to the wall burned out. One of the overhead lights never worked to begin with. Being on the first floor, I do not want my window open all day.

Housekeeping came in maybe twice a week. I had to go ask for towels and leave my trash in the hallway for her to get the picture. There are also no "do not disturb" signs. Their plan is for housekeeping to knock every single day, even though she doesn't. The AC is so outdated that it is either freezing or muggy and humid. The carpet has food stuck all in it from where they haven't shampooed it.

The internet is TERRIBLE. I need it for my online schooling and it is at 30% all day and night. The manager/owner lives here so I think it is their personal internet that they share. I can barely get the internet to pull up at all.

There is no breakfast. They will say there is, but there isn't even coffee.
The water even got turned off for a few hours with no notice one day.
I will never again stay in this hotel and if it weren't for us trying to save money we would have left and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank dsmith4
bvilongview, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou for participating in our online survey we are so sorry to hear about your past experience with us, we would like to inform you that all the issues pointed by you have been taken care of and we wish to see you soon at our property to give us a chance to not disappoint you.

ABVI-LONGVIEW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Staying at the Longview, TX Americas Best Value Inn motel was a terrible experience. The manager-owner was indifferent and bored.
Friday morning before 7 am, the contract workers that stayed there had taken all of the pastry, juice, etc. When my mother asked for more, the manager said he didn't have any. (She rang the bell on the desk and he came out bleary eyed –she’d awakened him.) There was cereal and some milk.
Saturday morning, there was a tiny amount of milk. Once it was gone, there was no breakfast. There was NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE!
Sunday morning, there was no milk for cereal. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE.
I would never stay at that hotel in Longview under any circumstances. My view of the value of this brand has dropped through the floor.
The outside of the building looks great; inside the place is marginally clean, the lobby restroom was broken our entire stay and no one seems to care.
The front door isn't opened until after 9 am; the manager sleeps late.
Simply awful!

Room Tip: Become a member of the Value Club for great deals
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank PokeyTX

ABVI-LONGVIEW

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 18 September 2009

This is one of the nicest Best Value Inn's we've stayed in, but be advised that it's a two story motel with NO elevator. And there are no downstairs smoking rooms, so if you're a smoker and don't want to drag your stuff upstairs, stay somewhere else. Internet access is iffy upstairs, too.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank salesproquo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou so much for your positive feedback, we have upgraded our property and we believe in making each and every customer satisfied.
It will be nice to see you back at our property to give us a chance to serve you with quality service and to make your stay plesant and comfortable
Austin, TX
Reviewed 21 January 2006

$49.95 rate on a Saturday night for 1 person in a non-smoking suite with a king bed and cable, fridge, and microwave. Plus free high speed wireless internet.

This place is very clean and seems to be pretty new. The checkin was quick and staff was friendly. 50 cents for a can of coke in the machine is reasonable.

A nicer room at a lower price than a couple other better known hotels in town. And only a mile or so from 281 where all the restaurants and stores are.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank Adam_ATX
Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou for your positive feedback , its nice to hear good things about our property. we would like to inform you that we have upgraded our property, we have fast speed internet (wifi) in all areas and rooms, microwave refrigerator,iron board, flat screen tv , direct tv with more than 300 hd channels. continental breakfast .

Team- ABVI longview