“You’ll like this”
Review of Chill'Um Grill - CLOSED

Chill'Um Grill
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

If you are one of the unfortunates who are unfamiliar with this type of food, the buffet is a great introduction. It was so flavorful, we will dine here every week. I found only positives in this establishment. Great food and Great service!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Had Boxing Day (that's 26 December) dinner here with my girlfriend, her BFF, and the BFF's hubby.

Delicious Chicken Tikka Masala and Indian Chai and Ghenner (sp?) dessert, friendly & efficient service by a pleasant young lady named Noor (I believe she's the owner's daughter), and relaxing atmosphere.

Unfortunately, they were out of Khulfi ice cream, and they didn't serve alcohol, which therefore meant no fine Indian beers such as Taj Mahal or Kingfisher. Also, no Dal or Muligatawny soups on the menu.

Still a worthwhile experience overall.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I visited the drive thru location on Gilmer road, I have never been to the restaurant before. I ordered the beef and chicken kabob with naan...it was delicious!! It was herby and tender, both the meat and the bread. I also had strawberry hibiscus tea that was very refreshing. I will be back and hope to visit the restaurant location soon!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I tried the Mediterranean sampler which was a special and it was very good. It had stuffed grape leaves on the platter which would have been better warmed. I was trying to eat healthy so I had the grilled vegetable salad. It was a little bland but I was going for healthy. There were several more interesting dishes on the menu that I will try next time. The waitress was good and the decor is nice. It is BYOB which could be a cost saver if you are aware and prepared.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Well, it's the only game in town, if you want Indian food. Located in a former church, with multiple connected modular buildings, the interior really has a nice ambiance. I've visited their Hallsville location a few times and new the food was good and high quality. They have also just opened a second restaurant on Gilmer Road.

Sunday is a lunch buffet from 11a to 2:30p. The selection and quality was great. Everything you would expect to find (but no saag paneer or palak paneer, though, sad face). Nothing was too hot (spicy) for an American palate. Even my wife loved everything (normally, she only tolerates eating Indian food when we go out of town). The naan was served precut and looked too perfectly round, but otherwise great. I prefer ripping apart the irregular-shaped, homemade-looking naan. They even had an Indian take on teriyaki chicken, which was excellent.

The price for the Sunday buffet was $15 per person. A little steep for east Texas wallets, but perfectly in line with high quality Indian restaurants around the U.S.

There were not many people at the buffet, but we were in and out before noon. I surely hope this location succeeds here in Longview because I plan on eating here often.

Date of visit: September 2017