“Amazing Food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I've gotta give props to this restaurant. Coming from an island with great cuisine, it's very hard to find something here in Texas that I love, but this restaurant sure hits the spot! Their fried mushrooms are to die for and the catfish on Fridays or great! Drinks are also a plus for this establishment! I absolutely love eating here and will visit whenever I can!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was hoping to find something unique to Lubbock, but because of the number of people in our group and individual needs, we needed something "generic". There is nothing bad about this restaurant. Service was decent and the food was well prepared. It didn't stand out as exceptional. On a "chain scale", it is very much like a Black-Eyed Pea or Applebee's. Comfort food menu...

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great service, wonderful food selections catering to the southern style cuisine. Had a great Tex-Mex salad, steaming hot bread loaves when you order.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've lived in Virginia the last 18 months and went to the Cotton Patch for chicken fried steak and fried okra -- excellent with superior service. Should've gotten okra for both of my side -- YUM.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We ate at Cotton Patch and ordered the small plate chicken fried steak / chicken fried chicken. It was just the right amount for a late evening meal and still left room for dessert! The meat had just the right amount of batter and the mash potatoes were delicious! I had the squash casserole as a side and it wasn't as good as most I've had at other restaurants, but a good portion and still tasty. We had the banana cream pie and Dr. Pepper chocolate cake for dessert. The dessert order took quite awhile before being served and after I tasted the pie, I realized because they must have had to sit it out of the freezer to defrost - not that tasty nor homemade (how disappointing!). The Dr. Pepper chocolate cake, however; was super delicious and will probably return just for that! Be sure and order it and if you order the small plate, you'll still have room for dessert!

Been to Cotton Patch Cafe? Share your experiences!