“Very Good place to stay”

Hampton Inn Lubbock
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My stay at the Hampton Inn in Lubbock was pleasant. The room was nice, cheerful and roomy and the bed was very comfortable. There were several items to choose from at the complimentary breakfast. A good place to stay if you are traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel that lives up to the Hampton name. We have stayed at this hotel several times when travelling to Lubbock. We have never had any issues with this Hampton Inn, and the staff is always very helpful. Great for trips when visiting Texas Tech.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Lubbock, TX. The rooms were very clean. The indoor pool was also very clean. The staff was friendly and took the time to help us find our way around the city. We will stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We had a quick visit to Lubbock and it was suggested by family we stay at this hotel. The lobby is very small and dark. First impression had me worried. Check in was easy and we went up to the room. The hallways are just like the lobby. We had a king size room and I wasn't expecting much. I was surprised when we walked in the room. The rooms have been updated some. The room and bathroom were clean. The rooms are small but fine for us since there were just 2 of us this trip. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet at night. Had a good night's sleep!

The breakfast was ok. The eggs and gravy looked disgusting. There was dry cereal that was ok and the biscuits were edible. I would just skip the breakfast there and go down to Krispie Kreme.

We did not use the pool but checked it out on the way to the room. It is indoor, small and very outdated. Nothing special.

Overall it was a good stay. The only problem we had was there was suppose to be a gift basket in our room (we were there for a wedding) and it had directions to the ceremony. I did not get my gift basket and had a hard time finding the chapel and we were late getting to the wedding. The next morning I went down at 8 am to ask about my basket and was told manager wasn't in yet and would be there in 10 mins. At 10:30 am I checked again and the manager still wasn't in. I said I wanted the basket and was told they were locked in the GM's office and no one had a key and the GM would be in soon. Finally close to 11 I said we were leaving and I wanted this basket. She asked if I had seen a basket and I said yes. She said then you know what's in them, nothing special. That upset me and I said that it's fine that she thinks its nothing special, but that basket was made specifically for me and I should have had one in my room! Finally they had maintainence come unlock the office and give me the basket and she told me the manager had his wisdom teeth out and wasn't feeling well. So, they knew he wasn't coming in but yet left us waiting for hours to talk to him. Not impressed with the staff at all!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CJ611
LubbockHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Lubbock. Your review will help us improve our service moving forward.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms and got a good nights sleep; Hamptons really do have the best beds! We are always looking for areas to improve our breakfast. I will work with our food vendors on finding some alternate egg and gravy brands that are more to the standards our guests expect and deserve.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the confusion and issues pertaining to the wedding you came to town to attend. I had unforeseen complications while having my wisdom teeth removed and obviously did not communicate well enough with the staff while I was away. I would never want anyone to feel like we wasted their time or didn't care about their needs, so once again, I am very sorry for the confusion and poor service you received.

I have addressed these issues with our staff as a whole, and will continue to work with them to ensure every aspect of a guest's stay exceeds the expectations that come from choosing a Hampton Inn. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove how much we care about our guests!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel was nice but the internet connection was too weak for me to work. Very difficult and frustrating while on business travel. There was a good selection for breakfast items and the workout room was okay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Lubbock. We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive from out guests. We are always looking for ways to improve upon our breakfast, so I am glad to hear you appreciated the wide selections available. Our fitness facility is new and we would love to hear any suggestions you may have to make it better. I do apologize that our internet did not meet your needs. I am in contact with AT&T to create some solutions to hopefully prevent the slowing of our internet speeds during our peak access times. Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions and I hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn Lubbock.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is not a good value for $134/night! Upon arriving we checked in with ease and went to our 3rd floor King room and realized there had been a smoker in our room and they tried to cover it up. We could not change rooms and also noticed on the Hilton website that it was a 5 star property, it's not, maybe a 4. Clean but a little dingy room, coffee pot with cups was under the bathroom sink--a little gross. Over all we slept well but were glad it was a quick in and out.
Hampton Inns in general should stop using powdered eggs!!! The rest of the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Hampton Inn Lubbock. Your comments and suggestions help us improve our service for every guest. I am glad that you slept well and enjoyed your breakfast. I am disappointed that our eggs are being mistaken for powdered so I will be working directly with our food vendors to come up with better brands on several breakfast items.
Also I am very sorry about the smoke smell in your room. Our Hampton is a 100% smoke-free facility. Unfortunately not everyone honors this policy so we have a procedure for neutralizing the smoke smell. Obviously in this case we came up short. I have addressed this with my staff to stop it from happening in the future. Also, we are looking into alternative places to keep our coffee makers while still giving our guests the room to live and work without feeling cluttered while they are in their rooms.
We strive to provide all of our guests a comfortable and productive stay at a reasonable price, but unfortunately, we let you down. I hope you will give us another chance to show you how much you mean to us on your next visit to Lubbock.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have always had good service at Hampton Inns and this was no exception. Check in was speedy plus they had coffee/tea available 24/7 which is always a nice touch. The beds and pillows were comfy and the room clean. The only downfall to this hotel was that the pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep! If you like to swim like we do you will be highly disappointed. The hot tub was broken which was a double whammy in our opinion. We didn't stay for breakfast because the dining area is super small and was quite crowded. Next time we will try the other Hampton Inn in Lubbock.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple