“Pretty good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Midland, Texas
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2007

There's nothing blatantly wrong with this hotel... I've just stayed in many newer Hamptons that make this one seem outdated.

My room was mostly clean (the comforter really needed to be washed). The bed was excellent, and the shower was good, but the A/C was old and made rattling noises.

I didn't like the room layout -- I like to use my laptop at a desk or table where I can see the TV. That wasn't possible in this room, I had to sit on the couch to see the TV. The wireless internet service was very good.

Breakfast was typical for Hampton -- biscuits and gravy, muffins, toast, etc. The hotel location is very good, close to many restaurants but far enough from the highway to be very quiet.

If you can afford the rate difference, I'd strongly recommend the Embassy Suites over the Hampton. Lubbock's Embassy is one of the nicest in the chain.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room layout, noisy A/C
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ingleberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boerne, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2006

Called and reserved a room. Was assured we could choose from double or a king bedroom. Arrived and was told there was not a reservation. I had a confirmation number and somehow then it was found. Was told after traveling 600 miles, there had been a mistake and the clerk who gave us the confirmation had been wrong, there were no rooms. The manager would not come out and finally when I asked for her she said sorry, no rooms and had the clerk call around for another room. He found a downgrade one in plainview which was 30 miles in the opposite direction and when I explained I was not happy about the situation and expected that the employee be spoken to, the manager became irate and said I don't know what you want from me, I got you a free room. With the gas cost at that time and the stress of traveling 45 minutes away from where I had come from, I was very dissappointed. When I arrived at the other hotel, the Hampton mgr had not sent correct papers. Turned out she had left to see a concert that night so we had to sit and wait for an hour. No wonder that there is no satifaction guarentee.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — not getting to stay even though I had a reservation
  • Tips/Secrets — recheck reservation before you leave
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Boernetraveler
Cleveland,OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2006

We had a great time here. The hotel was clean and the beds were great! Very quiet. Had some problems with teenagers at the pool but hotel staff cared for it when informed of behavior.

1 Thank revnancy
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2006

I have stayed at this hotel many times while in Lubbock for business. My rooms have always been clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is very convenient to many locations in Lubbock. It is within walking distance of a Jason's Deli, Outback and IHOP.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank kbboehnke
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2005

An unexpected trip due to my aunt's illness took us to Lubbock. We had no reservation and the town was booked solid because of an "Imagination" fair for students. We called several hotels, and luckily when we called the Hampton, the young man at the desk that evening said they just had a cancellation and we took the LAST room. He was extremely polite on the phone and remembered us when we checked in later that evening.

We weren't expecting much since it was such a quick, last minute room with no time to research hotels - we were just happy to have a place to rest. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was so spacious - and the sofabed more than adequate for the third adult in our party. My husband and I both said the king-size bed was more comfortable than our own! All three of us were exhausted and we slept great even though the room was right next door to the indoor pool (Room 111) and just around the corner from the lobby. We never heard any racket even though there were lots of young people there. The hotel offers a wonderful continental breakfast with fresh fruit, muffings, bagels, sausage, waffles, cereal, milk, coffee and juice. Our room rate was $89 for three adults in a king suite. The room also had a mini-fridge and microwave (even though we didn't have need for it). The room was very clean and the ONLY reason I didn't give it an "Excellent" is because it was a smoking room - something we wouldn't have chosen, but under the circumstances, we didn't complain.

We were happy with our visit and would stay again. I would recommend Hampton Inn - especially to families.

Although we didn't stay long to try the various nearby restaurants, there were quite a few nearby and the hotel location seemed safe and secure.

• Stayed April 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank abqwolfe
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2004

This stay was booked for a price of $69 per night. When I arrived, I thought nothing of the check-in. When I went to check out the next day, I realized my price had changed to $79. When I asked about it, I was told that I had been upgraded - and charged without being told! I will not stay here again.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member