“Nice mid-range place”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Nice mid range property. Friendly staff. Small lobby. Clean rooms with nice
TV and a quiet mini-fridge, Comfortable bed. Good breakfast including eggs, sausages, oatmeal, waffles. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Small indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Free Wi-Fi.
On opposite side of city from Texas Tech University, and also the airport. The city is small enough that it is quite easy to drive to either the university or the airport.
I will stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Lubbock, Texas is an average hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful with suggestions and directions. The room was "typical" Fairfield Inn, very spartan, but clean. The breakfast was fine and had the normal variety of food. It has easy access to downtown and there are several restaurants in the area. Good for an overnight stay when passing through Lubbock.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Charlie S,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Lubbock and kind words for my staff. I'm happy that you enjoyed a clean room and complimentary breakfast. However, I'm saddened that we did not provide you with a memorable experience. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to the area.

Josie Z.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We thought our room was clean when we checked in, so were dismayed the next morning to find several bedbugs crawling in the pillows. My husband was bitten twice! When we notified the manager she immediately refunded the price of our room and gave us some extra points, but the memory lingers on! To add to our frustration, the maid told us that we were the first guests to stay in that room since it had been treated previously for bedbugs! Wish we had known!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Donald1413
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Donald1413,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. If you find yourself in the area again, please allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Josie Z.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We checked in around 9 and there was only one person working; I had to wait for about 10 minutes while he finished on the phone with someone making a reservation. Rooms are clean but spartan. VERY noisy- could hear noise from the hall, next door, and the freeway. Rooms smelled a bit funny too. Breakfast is very generous for a freebie. We moved next door to the Courtyard- a world of difference- much quieter and more pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Natalie B,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Lubbock. I'm glad that you enjoyed our free breakfast and your clean room. I'm sorry that the noise kept you from completely enjoying your visit. On future stays we'd be more than happy to place you in a more quiet section of the hotel. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in Lubbock.

Josie

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel is really just average. It's clean, but needs some repairs. They have an indoor pool. The commode in our room overflowed, and immediately, they called a repairman and he was unable to fix the problem. We were moved to another room, were checked on several times, and were given some bonus points. The customer service was over and above! This hotel is near restaurants (walking distance), and not far from shopping. The breakfast was good, nice variety, and replenished as needed. We will stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank n5nar
Reviewed 19 August 2013

First stop on long road trip. Front desk satff very friendly and efficient. Hotel room clean and quiet, basic breakfast (oatmeal cold and lumpy) filled the need with fairly good continental selctions. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was given room 327. It had a slight cigarette smoke smell, and the bathroom smelled TERRIBLE. It smelled like dirty feet. It was HORRIBLE. I called down to the front desk and they said they could put an ozone machine in the room or give me another room. I chose another room. The second room was room 320. Although it was a bit musty, it was OK, and the bathroom did not stink.

While the second room was OK, I shouldn't have had the problem of the first room stinking (especially the bathroom) and the hassle of having to lug my stuff back downstairs to get a different room key, and then have to lug my stuff back up to the new room. I was not offered any help nor compensation nor apology.

I did not get in the pool because the water was very cloudy.

Room Tip: Don't get room 327. It has been smoked in at some point, and the bathroom smells like really st...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear ProDoula,
Thank you for taking time to review the Fairfield Inn Lubbock. Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your room. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues are being addressed with my front desk and housekeeping staff. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Lubbock.

Josie