“Great experience”

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Lewisville, Texas
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel was nice, clean, and comfortable. Stayed here on business and was delighted to have a happy hour in the lobby waiting for me after a 8 hour drive there. Rooms were clean and beds were not as comfortable as they could have been, but much better than most hotels I have stayed at. My mattress seemed like it was brand new and had not been broken in yet. Overall, I would stay again any time I am back in Lubbock, Texas.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel away from the freeway is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Amarillo TX
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, conveniently located. Will stay there again. Arrived after 9:00 PM, left wake up call for 3:00 AM, got wake up call as needed. Whirlpool bath in room was nice touch as was king-size bed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Recently had to go to Lubbock for a funeral and stayed for two days. We had none of the trouble some of the others did checking in. The whole staff was nice and friendly. I really enjoyed that. I think if we stay in Lubbock again we would stay at this place. I think it was a good quality for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed here recently for 2 nights while driving back from Christmas vacation - From when we first checked in, Sherrie Morris, the Guest Service Coordinator, was so helpful! She recommended a fun children's museum just down the street so my 3 year old could burn off energy. She also later that evening sneaked back into the kitchen to get extra goldfish crackers for my 3 year old who was getting a little antsy. The next morning when we were having breakfast, there was a large group of basketball players eating quite a bit of the breakfast food and Sherrie was busy in the kitchen, cooking and preparing additional hot food so the rest of us never went hungry.

I was very happy with her service - Thank you for making that part of our trip more enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mari C
Reviewed 26 November 2012

DeAndre Francis and Sherrie Morris had excellent service. Everything was great rooms were clean. They both were very kind and answered are questions with kindness. We were very happy with our stay there. Comfort Suites will be our chose to be stay there again because of there services. Thank you for having great employees.

• Stayed November 2012
Kansas City
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I had 5 rooms reserved - confirmed - and all the paperwork was in place for a Monday evening check in for my technicians. At 6:00 pm, I received the first call telling me that because they didn't have my credit card in hand (even though they had the credit card authorization form and my reservation was made through AMEX), they weren't going to be allowed to check in. The desk person, Sherry, had been "uncooperative." I knew it had to be a mistake, so I called- and advised Sherry of the situation - at which time she told me that it was football season and she could rent those rooms to someone else for more money and had no intention of checking in my technicians. She literally had them standing in the parking lot of the Comfort Suites. I begged, I pleaded, and finally she told me that unless I wanted to drive down my credit card (over 700 miles) she wasn't going to check them in - ever. I asked for a manager & was advised that Erica wouldn't be in until the morning. I requested a callback that I never got, and I tried to call again on Tuesday, left a message with Sherry, and again, no callback. I finally gave up, contacted the Holiday Inn, made arrangements with THEIR delightful staff over the phone, and my techs were checked in within minutes. The final insult--- this is the 2nd review I've written- they had the first one removed by saying that I had reviewed the wrong hotel! Just FYI, I'm referring to the Comfort Suites at 5113 S. Loop 289 in Lubbock, TX - tried to check in on 10/1/12. BE WARNED!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KCJ2012

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Kansas City
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I made reservations for 5 rooms through American Express for business travel - like I have literally done hundreds of times. After driving 8 hours, the desk person (Sherry) at the Comfort Suites refused to let my technicians check in unless they had my credit card. All credit card information & authorizations had already been sent to them, and by the time they tried to check in, it was late & nobody was available to talk to. The woman at the desk told me that it was football season & she could fill those rooms for more money, that unless I wanted to drive down there with my credit card she wasn't going to let my technicians check in. I asked to speak to a manager & was advised that Erica would not be there until the next day -- and Sherry was perfectly content to leave my techs in the parking lot. After begging and pleading (& getting nowhere), I moved them to the Holiday Inn -- with no trouble at all. BE WARNED!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business