“I loved this hotel!”

Staybridge Suites Lubbock
Ranked #37 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I was just there for a few nights but loved the amenities and rooms. I had a full kitchen in my room with a living room area with extended bedroom. I loved the great breakfast in the morning and the complimentary evening reception with free food, beer and wine. Great loaction with Texas Tech right across the street. Hotel also had a small grocery store which was very convenient. Staff were friendly and very helpful! When I return to Lubbock I would stay at the Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank H0ckeyFanSA

Reviewed 14 December 2007

Stayed here one night on business. The suite I had was actually a studio efficiency type room, but fine for my solo needs. Staff was good, as were evening beverages and snacks. Breakfast was great with many choices.

Internet was wireless and worked well.

The location is right across the street from the south edge of the Tech campus and in close proximity to restaurants.

This is a great choice in Lubbock.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank toomuchtravel
Reviewed 26 August 2007

I was nervous booking here based on previous negative reviews but between when I booked and stayed, it was rebranded and remodeled. I had no complaints. We stayed here while bringing our daughter for move-in to Texas Tech and the convenience can't be beat!
The carpet and wallpaper appeared new. The bathroom was remodeled and the bed and bedding was new.
Breakfast was good.
My only complaint was that the pool and spa looked tired but still in decent condition.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank brownq8
Reviewed 22 January 2007

I stayed here one night, and left the next day for another hotel. I would have left the day I checked in, but was too tired to leave. The hotel isn't bad service wise, it just needs to be updated. For the price, you shouldn't have to be in a room that feels like the 80's, has a musty smell, and carpet that feels disgusting. There are plenty of hotels close to Tech that are much nicer, and, in better locations.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
StaybridgeSales, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2008

I would like to let everyone know that as a Hawthorne we were outdated and in need of a remodel. However before we became a Staybridge Suites we did get this remodel. As of May 2007, the entire hotel has gone through a complete remodel from wallpaper to carpet, from bathrooms to bedding. We would like to invite anyone that saw us as a Hawthorne to come back and visit us now as a Staybridge.

Reviewed 21 September 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hawthorn as part of a wedding party last week. We were treated exceedingly poorly by the General Manager, Debi. Out of respect for Travel Advisor and their review guidelines, I will not go into detail, but I will say that we were deeply offended (not to mention a bit shocked) by her behavior. (We are frequent travelers - all over US, Europe and South America and we NEVER complain... very laid back people who roll with the punches.) But we were so offended in this circumstance that we called the district manager, Jeremy. We have left three messages - a week later we still have not reviewed a call.

Hawthorn is at best a second rate hotel with terrible management. The best things about it was the location, the free cookies in the lobby, and the showers (they don't work well but are interesting little pods -sorta cheap shower pods from the future).

Just keep in mind, if you are planning a wedding, or are booking a multiple rooms for a function, your guests (or you) may be treated like crap for no good reason. I know my host was extremely embarrassed.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
austin, tex
Reviewed 22 January 2006

Lubbock does not have much comfortable lodging close to Texas Tech, so Hawthorne is one of the best options I have found, especially if you want to be able to walk to campus. It's well kept, has a decent breakfast buffet and a usable workout area. You can find cheaper lodging, but it's usually farther away from campus or below 3-star rating, no matter what the website ratings say! I have stayed at four different hotel/motels in Lubbock so far, and this is my favorite.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed 24 October 2003

I have stayed there 3 times now. The Hawthorn may not be the cheapest hotel, but it isn't exspensive either. The rooms are well furnished and decorated compared to the 4 other Lubbock hotels I have stayed at. This hotel is very clean. Everything in the entire hotel looks like it is new. Great location. The employees have always been friendly. It is worth the extra couple bucks.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member