“good stay”

Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
arlington,tx
“good stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

good location across from tech was there to pick up my daughter who attends tech the only bad thing was when i booked this room asked for room with 2 beds upon checking in was told they only have 1 bed the 2 bed is a pull out couch (ouch) they did have a nice dinner that night Tue the 13 beer wine wings the breakfast was really nice so was the front desk staff will be staying there again

Room Tip: not close to the elevator traffic is heavy a room facing university
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa E, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi, gmoney! Thank you so much for your review from your recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize that you were not told that all of our rooms only have a single bed and a sleeper sofa. When we were built in 1999, they did not build the rooms large enough for two beds and a sleeper sofa. We were built as an extended stay property for business travelers and guests in transition with housing. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast and Social Reception that we offer. Our staff really enjoys what they do for our guests, and that shows through their friendliness and their enthusiasm to help others. We look forward to many great changes at our property over the next year. We hope to see you again, soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We can recommend this hotel. The rooms were clean. The employees were very helpful. The breakfast was better than average. We were in Lubbock due to a sick family member & received a discount without asking for one.

Room Tip: Room 331 is close to the elevator, yet very quiet.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeLubbockGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi, Eileen! Thank you so much for your kind review. It is our mission to make sure that every person feels at home, from the time they walk through our doors, until they leave our hotel. Although you were in Lubbock for a sick family member, we are glad that your experience in our city was a positive one. We look forward to seeing you again, on better terms, and we hope that your loved one is feeling better. I hope you have a great day!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We loved how it was located near the Tech campus…but not good. Rooms are dirty. I can do old, outdated…but can't do dirty. Bathroom: tiles glued on without grout. Showered at night, still (4") standing water next morning. Moved reservations for remaining nights.

Room Tip: book reservations elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeLubbockGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Ann, Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I would like to speak with you about your stay with us. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel like home and I am sorry that we fell short of this on your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
New Mexico
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I cannot start to express how much the staff at this hotel has made our stay the best experience we have ever had. Arrived there on medical emergency. They only 2 nights available. But....the staff continued to work every day and some how got us a room every night. We are going on our 7th day and just they just called and let me know we have our room as long as we need it.this may not seem like a big deal, but believe me it was in our situation. Rooms very clean, comfortable, great beds and rooms very nice and spacious. Great breakfast, free laundry facilities. They even gave us a ride early one morning to the hospital which they didn't They are definitely 5 star in my book. Thank you Staybridge you have made a terrible situation a lot easier.

Room Tip: Will always stay here when traveling from now own.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ccrier73, I am so glad that we could help you out during this time. We understand how trying a time like this can be, and we strive to make each of our guests comfortable and at home, while they are here. Please remember, that if you need anything else, while you are here, to let us know. Blessings to you and your family!
Reviewed 10 February 2014

When I booked this room, I used my 15,000 points plus I had to pay $40 to buy 500 more points because the rewards room was 20,000 points.

This is the first time I've stayed at this brand of IHG hotels. The check-in was pleasant and quick. I requested a high floor and was placed at the very end in room 321. The room was nice as it was a queen studio, complete with a full kitchen. Since this is an older hotel the floor was squeaky by the bathroom. I'm sure the guests below me weren't too happy. My room overlooked the pool area.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi. The room AC or refrigerator was rather noisy. I couldn't figure out which one was making the noise, but it was a tolerable noise non the less.

The hotel offers a full hot breakfast. I went down at 6:00am and nothing was set up and none of the lights were on, so I decided to hit my favorite Breakfast restaurant in Lubbock called the Lubbock Breakfast House. The only problem I saw was the noisy elevator. It makes a loud motor sound when it opens and closes. It does do the job, but it makes you wonder if it's going to leave you stranded somewhere you don't want to be?????

Upon check-out the morning attendant gave me my receipt which showed that the hotel charged my credit-card $26.75. I asked the attendant at the desk why I was being charged $26.75, because at the time I didn't expect to have to pay anything as I had just purchased enough points for a free room earlier in the day! That was the plan to begin with!!! She replied that it was for incidentals.

I explained in my "trying to stay calm voice", but I didn't have any incidentals; I didn't make any hotel phone calls, I didn't order any movies, or rack up any charges"?

She promptly told me that she was told to tell everyone, they get charged for incidentals regardless. Whoa now. That didn't set too well with me, and I was starting to get upset, because just earlier in the day I had already spent $40 to buy 500 points, and now I was being charged $26.75?

So in my mind I'm thinking I've just been charged $66.75 for a room I thought was free, plus I spent 15,000 points. Something just didn't make sense about all of this!!!

The clerk said that I was welcome to contact the manager. I really didn't like what I was hearing but I knew that once I got home that I would be making a call to the 800 number and this was little issue was going to go away!!! So off I went.

Once I got home I called the 800 number and explained my issue. Of course, I guess I expected to speak to a non-American call center no offense intended. What else was I thinking???. There was a little language barrier between the two of us but I was able to understand her.

She promptly made a phone call to the hotel and with a few minutes she was back on the line apologizing for the charge, and said that it would be promptly refunded to my credit card.

Needless to say, I have to give them credit for really taking care of my issue, although when I was leaving the hotel, I swore that would not be returning and that I would go back to staying with the Marriott chain which we are Silver Elite members.

Because they treated me so good, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear hobbsnm,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. Although it was quite a relief that your concern was already resolved, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Deridder
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

In the area for business four days. Outstanding job with the rooms. In a Staybridge you definitely want the highest floor. Some outside room noise but wasn't so bad that you couldn't sleep. Breakfast was always ready on time although they could do a better job with it. Super friendly staff and they were always helpful. Treadmill were awesome for a hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeLubbockGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hupago, Thank you for your great review! We are glad that you were able to be welcomed by our friendly staff, prompt breakfast, and a comfortable room. We know, in this day and age, that fitness is very important to guests that travel quite a bit, so we strive to accommodate, as well as we can, and we have recently equipped our fitness center with new treadmills. We look forward to seeing you again, soon! Travel Safe!
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the stay. The room was large and well kept. The studio suite had a full frig and was well equipped. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the evening meal om Tues. was very good, pizza and salad with wine and beer. Nice view of Tec as Tech.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
StaybridgeLubbockGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear roxiekay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our evening Social, and our spacious rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lubbock.