“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I looked forward to Thai food all day after seeing this was near a conference I had. The food, not that great. I also felt it was fairly overpriced. $14 for one entree and egg rolls seemed excessive. The egg rolls were greasy and without flavor, and so was my meal. Very disappointed. The restaurant itself was no frills plain, which would've been fine if the food was good. All I can say that was positive was that my food was ready very quickly. Ill stick to the place close to Texas Tech

1  Thank Erin0315
There are newer reviews for Thai Thai

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Was in Lubbock for business and wanted Thai food and this is close to hotel. Spring roll was overcooked and greasy and my food was average. Not bad but not great. Will try the one closer to Tech campus next time. Nothing fancy but from what I saw they grow their own basil and peppers outside. It was clean inside but don't go expecting fancy.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Ummm, yeah-no place is better than Thai Thai in Lubbock, Tx. Get the spicy basil and chicken dish in a fish sauce. I can never remember the name of it, but there is only one basil chicken dish. OMG!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

It doesn't look like much and the location isn't anything to write home about, but what a surprise! The food was most excellent. Some of the best Thai food we've had since our trip to Thailand. Just the right amount of spice, no surprises. I had the #36 Gang Ga Ree which was exactly the way I like it and remember it tasting from my favorite Thai restaurant in Japan (of all places). My wife had #39 Pad Plew Wan which she said was also very good. We can alway tell when the food is good -- we're to busy eating for idle chit chat, other than to exclaim how good the food is. That was certainly the case here. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were visiting our daughter and she recommended Thai Thai. We travel a lot, all over the world and I was just appauled by the staff. Their menu is posted on the wall, with the ingredients listed below. I ordered #38, because it had no cilantro or noodles listed and when my order came it had both. I thought there was some mistake, so I took the dish up to the counter and was told that there was not enough room on the wall to list all the ingredients and if I didn't want the cilantro, I should have ordered it that way. I insisted that #38 didn't list Cilantro, that is why I ordered it. They told me that they could make it for me again, but would have to charge me another $8.50. I had lost my appetite by this time, so I took it in a to-go box and fed it to a friend's dog. That was my first visit there and my last. The people need to learn a little customer service!

2  Thank buffoh3