“Worth every penny I paid I'll be back.”

Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Houston, Texas
“Worth every penny I paid I'll be back.”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

As a hot shot truck driver it was worth every penny I paid.I used the travel coupon for small discount.Was impressed when entering the room with king size bed.Room had everything I needed plus more clean room pillow top mattress is a plus just like my home.Everything worked in the room is updated...All the rooms are on paking lot level and park right outside your door.There is parking for semi trucks and I was able to park my 20'ft truck and trailer outside my room.Big entrance for trucks..Night lighting good too.The breakfast was better than most places in the country I've been too for the same price..Location is good on hwy-84 just before the Interstate-27 on the right if your going into lubbock.Everyone was friendly on the management staff..WI-FI was good..Has nice computer room if needed..
The only thing my room needed was a 32" flat screen tv but what was there worked.What improvements that could be made in my opinion...Have hot coffee ready in the breakfast area in the morning I think truck drivers want it and expect it..Try this have hot water ready in the lobby for instant tea,coffee,hot chocolate..If you want to impress people on arrival make some fresh cookies and brownies on the counter ready for checkin...Popcorn,etc.
Call Super 8 in Lamar,Mo on highway-71 ask about that and there breakfast for some ideas..If you want alot more business from truck drivers by word of mouth..Improve the breakfast with even more choices..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. This will surely motivate us to work hard for your needs. It’s nice to hear that we have been of help to you on your travel. Good luck to your transactions and we will be waiting for your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at this Inn on May 5th 2012. After preparing for bed - we discovered and killed a large scorpion and cockroach in our room. When we reported this to desk management this did not seem to elicit much concern. We suggested the property managment contact their pest control service.
Wi Fi signal was strong

Room Tip: Stay at some other hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,
We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. We as well didn’t expect this to happen. We assure that we will further discuss this on our regular meetings and we will give sanctions to those who are accountable. Despite this incident, we are still looking forward to serving you again in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was an upgraded room with the pillowtop mattresses and it was very comfortable. Spent two nights and the rate was reasonable and the breakfast was tasty with choices. Towels left a bit to be desired but I like the parking right outside the front door to your room. Staff was eager to please and very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: choose the upgrade with pillowtop mattress.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Phaedra57
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear guess,
Thank you for taking some time in making this review. By this, you are keeping us updated on what we should maintain and improve. Rest assured that we will always cater your needs any time, no matter how you want it. We are happy that we have met your expectation. Thank you so much.
Denver
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My bandmate and I checked into Lubbock, whipped after SXSW and hoping to see the Buddy Holly Museum on our way back to Colorado, but ladies and gentlemen, the BH Museum is CLOSED on MONDAYS. We saw his burial plot instead, which is close by, and paid our respects. But I digress.

We slept in a room by the far left corner, by the ice machines and whatnot, and experienced no problems with any ice-coveting ne'er-do-wells. I suppose in some more unsavory places, you can expect the constant noise of people and the clacking of their ice if you're unlucky enough to sleep near the machine. Not here. No ma'am. We entered our non-smoking double-bedder and noted that the toilet, sink, closet, and shower are all beyond the same door (no biggie) and that there was a funny iron-shaped burn on the carpet, which might bother some of you with domestic leanings. When ironing carpet, you must remember to apply steam and keep it moving, but not all our mothers taught us the same.

I noted the welcome plumpness of our pillows and even remarked upon it out loud to my compatriot. The television worked great and we took in that new Sarah Palin flick with Julianne Moore. One of us took a bath and everything went according to plan--- no sharks, no soap scum, water hot and inviting as a bowl of bouillon. The room temperature was exquisitely unremarkable, and the Texas thunderstorm that raged outside was beat the pants off any soundscape clock, Brookstone or otherwise. The beds themselves were like little tombstone slabs but I like my sleeping surface buttery soft or bust, so take from that what you may.

In the morning, again with the Texas-shaped waffles. Who gets tired of that? I don't! Actually I didn't bother eating one because I saw the wheat bread and the tray of sausages. I took about five and a few dollops of Tapatio (nice) and was all set to tuck in, but my, were they hard. Burnt like hell on the inside and running with grease. But folks, I've dined with everyone from astronauts to taxidermists, in yurts and in bou-langeries, and I can tell you that if you expect your free motel breakfasts to taste like the end of a golden teat from heaven, you're sore out of luck.

There was a free paper and a TV to look at in the breakfast room, as well as a business center with a stamp dispenser I (foolishly) took no stock in. The checkout was brief, and as they say, brevity is the soul of wit. As long as you're only checking into this motel to sleep as well as those other three S's, you'll be satisfied.

Room Tip: 114 is a gem
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex E
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time in making this review. We really appreciate this positive feedback with regards to our place. By this, we will be more motivated to maintain our clean, comfortable location and excellent service. We also apologize for some inconvenience that you experienced. We will make sure that this will not happen again and rest assured that all your concerns are noted. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your future trips. Thank you so much.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is an older hotel outside of downtown Lubbock but still pretty accessible by car. It has been kept up and is a reasonably priced option. The breakfast had some eggs and sausage beside the usual carbos so that was a plus. They were pet friendly as well and the wifi was good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valuetraveleridaho
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know that you are happy with the services we have at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock. Your opinion is very important to us, that is why we truly appreciate your honesty by posting this kind review regarding your stay. We, nevertheless hope that we will still see each other again in the near future and we can guarantee that you will be treated fairly or even better. Thank you.
New Zealand
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed here one night, got two adjoining rooms so our two kids could have one and the rooms were very reasonably priced, though we used one of those coupons that you pick up from an information centre. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable - though I found the mattress uncomfortably hard, my husband liked it. Even though we were right on the Interstate, we didn't hear any road noise - we were towards the back. Breakfast had the usual cereals, pastries and toast, but also make your own waffles in the shape of the state of Texas - gotta love it. Unfortunately we couldn't do laundry as the dryer wasn't working, otherwise, we had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Trace123NewZealand
ABVILubbock, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Lubbock East, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
One of our hotel’s visions is to be able to make our guests feel at “home” while staying at our hotel. We are glad that you have personally experienced the kind of great service that we provide to our clients. We will definitely consider whatever suggestions that you have for the betterment and improvement of America’s Best Value Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the coming days. Thank you for spending your vacation with us.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stay in lubbock 2 or 3 times a year for bussiness. I have used priceline and gotten some good deals at other motels .hotels. The last few times i have staid at ABVI because the rates are reasonable the breakfast is decent and the rooms are clean and in good shape. The help is friendly. So I book with ABVI website and get a good deal. It lives up to its name. They also have internet access with 2 computers in the business center . There is room for parking for big rigs and large R.V.'s

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wanderererer_11
Aside from the fact that our hotel is reasonably priced, we also boast the kind of service that we render to our clients. We always make sure that our guests have the greatest experience while staying at America’s Best Value Inn. We are thanking you for choosing to stay with us. We certainly hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future. Thank you.