“Nice Set Up”

Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice Set Up”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel is very new and nicely decorated.

The rooms have a pull out sofa and a kitchenette, which is great for families.

The work out room and pool/hot tub are small but very nice. The breakfast is above average.

The only issue we really had was the facility is not very sound proof. Us walking around in the room led to a complaint that we were jumping on the floor. I was in the room the whole time and no one was jumping hahaha.
The towels are very thin also. WIFI worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Allen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I never write reviews because I feel like most people who do are overly critical, but I feel compelled to this time since all the websites are still showing this hotel as 3 stars and it is clearly not up to 3 star standards anymore! We stayed here last year while visiting Texas Tech and it was a solid 3 star hotel...starting to show a bit of wear, but everything was clean and operable. We loved it because the rooms were huge, all suite, free wifi, free breakfast and right around the corner from campus. I just returned from a stay there during Tech orientation and it doesn't look like it has been deep cleaned since my last visit! Thankfully the sheets were all clean, but that was about it. There were stains on the carpets and furniture and the bathroom was DISGUSTING...so much so that I didn't even want to take a shower. If I had not prepaid for 2 nights, I would have found another hotel. The shower had calcium build up on the fixtures and soapscum on the walls and the toilet had mildew all under the rim...just gross. There was water damage around the shower that had just been painted over. And the wifi was non-existent. I hate this, because there are not that many nice hotels close to campus...but I guess I will have to start looking because I WON'T be returning here!!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We got a great online price for this hotel. We would give it a higher rating but the fact is it wasn't clean. Found stuff like a beer cap on the floor, a used Kleenex was left on the floor between the bed and nightstand. There was a towel in the bathroom that seemed used.
It certainly wasn't bad. The bed was comfy. It was a true suite with a separate bedroom. It had a huge bathroom and a convenient kitchenette. TV was a relatively large flat screen. We wished the loveseat and chair in the sitting area was more comfortable. We would stay again but would ask for a different room next time if we felt it wasn't clean.

• Stayed June 2013
Arlington
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Overall the hotel was ok. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But......I have never stayed in a hotel with such terrible bath towels. They were small and thread bare. I would have a hard time washing my car with these towels. Need to invest in some new, larger towels!!
And, the a/c is VERY noisy.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham