“Filthy, Dirty and Apathetic staff”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Houston
“Filthy, Dirty and Apathetic staff”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed there for two days - 12th and 13th October
Despite repeated complaints, on both days, regarding hygiene concerns we were ignored and were offered a more expensive and smaller room as an alternative. We were also told that the condition of the room could not be guaranteed and that we may find the room in a similar condition.
Also note, we were unable to find alternate accommodation and were forced to stay in this filth.
We brought in some sleeping bags from my sons apartment due to fears of bodily fluids potentially being present on some of the bedding
There were dried stains on the dresser between the beds. This can be a very nice hotel if they took care of the place. Their entire cleaning staff is eastern European -arrogant and uncaring. I left disgusted and am convinced that a roach motel is cleaner. I will try to post pictures if possible.
AT $202.00 A NIGHT THIS WAS A RIPOFF !!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Your feedback is appreciated. I apologize about your experience while staying with us and I am trying to understand why your complaints were ignored. I plan to research the situation a little further to address these issues. I am unable to see why any front desk agent would offer a smaller room for more money because these are always less expensive. If you have issues, we are more than happy to upgrade you. Our rooms are always guaranteed to be in great condition. Not only does a housekeeper clean each room after each departure, each room is also inspected by our head housekeeper. I will be researching the person who cleaned your room to address this issue as well. Our sheets are washed each stay and can be changed more often if requested, so I am unsure what the bodily fluid statement is addressing. We appreciate the pictures, as this can be used as a training tool. I can assure you these issues will be taken care of and addressed promptly. For the rate being at $202, this is a result of a city-wide sell out during a home Texas Tech football game where rates are increased at every hotel in Lubbock and surrounding areas. Again, your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Clovis
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The stay was okay. The room and staff was great. I was in town for a surgery the next day. This was not my first time staying at this hotel and have never had any problems. This time just could not get comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Your feedback is very much appreciated. I would like to apologize about any inconvenience you may have experience while staying with us. We like our guests to feel as comfortable as possible, like a home away from home. It is unfortunate to hear we did not live up to these expectations. Our front desk is available 24 hours a day; please address any issues or requests with them and I can assure you it will be taken care of promptly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Haven't had a flight with those hours in forever.
Picked the hotel on their site info, which does not specify the select hrs the shuttle is available. Room was nice but lamps were dusty, rugs not swept well. The young bartender was quite pleasant at the Wed night happy hour. Overall nice, but am cranky due to no early am shuttle. I personally hate cabs. More than dust. Lesson learned. Ask ahead of time.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your time in Lubbock. I tried to research your reservation to figure out who you booked through because I can ensure you our shuttle hours are available not just through us, but through third parties as well. I would like this information to double check the accuracy of the third parties website you booked through. This is one reason I tell guests to always book directly through the hotel, not only are you guaranteed the cheapest rate, but you information is a bit more credible coming directly from the source. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.