“too many problems”

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #30 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 2 July 2013

It started when we checked in and could not get our room key because the keymachine was down. After we were able to get our keys it was a major battle to get into the side door as you had to slide your key very slowly to have it buzz open the door. Our room door had to be slammed to be sure it locked, the water in the shower changed temps on its own and scalded us once. The wifi was unavailable in our room (middle of the hall, first floor) and I was told there was nothing that could be done. Then there was the thin walls which allowed us to hear everything, yes I mean everything, the people in the rooms around us, both the floor above, and across the hall as well as the ones on either side. We stayed 2 nights but never again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bjallsworthlee

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at the Ashmore Inn for 2 nights for a weekend baseball tournament. We arrived Friday night to find an open bar from 6-10 and several intoxicated, obnoxious biker guys roaming around, flirting with all the women and being loud. Saturday morning we awoke and went to take in the breakfast to find one of the hotel staff cooking everything in the microwave. The so called "eggs" were cold, along with the sausage. It looked as if everything was left over from the week prior. Worst breakfast I have ever gotten at a hotel. Also during the evening hours and after dark, several shady looking characters roaming around the hotel and in the parking lot with no shirts on, gang attire, etc. Felt very uncomfortable at night and after dark, especially traveling with wife an children. Then Sunday upon checkout overheard one of the front desk people stating that a woman had left her phone at the hotel and they had found it, but if she didn't come pick it up by the time he left, he would lie to her and say her didn't find it and keep it and sell it. Just so happens, we left a $70 shirt behind and called about it, do you think they found it? NO!!!! Imagine that. So unless you are into staying in a scary hotel with shady people, and are into eating I'm not sure for breakfast and then getting some of your belongings stolen by the hotel staff. I would recommend another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank richwill42
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was in town for my graduation from Texas Tech University. I admit that I was more than a little leary about the thought of having to use stairs rather than an elevator. Getting the luggage up was a bit of a pain, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. As many of the other reviews have stated, the staff was extrememly nice and professional. I would especially like to mention "Latoya" from housekeeping, and "Phillip" at the front desk. I feel both of these individuals were very accommodating and went above and beyond their duties. It was nice to have someone remember and address me by name- days after I'd checked in. The rooms and other areas in the hotel were clean and tidy. I had no complaints about my room, and thought it was very comfortable.The washer and dryer were nice to have and reasonably priced. I didn't have time to use the pool or jacuzzi, so I can't comment on either them. The breakfast was pretty ok, and the attendant there (idk her name..) was very nice as well. The hotel offered complimentary drinks and snacks (sort of a happy hour) during weekday evenings. It's within minutes (walking) of Walmart and a couple good restaurants. I only gave 4 'stars' because of the stairs, and the fact that downstairs was a little warm at times. Oh, and also because although I enjoyed the shuttle ride and conversation on the way to the airport at the end of my trip, I spent 30 bucks in a cab to get there. The website I originally saw did not mention airport shuttle : / I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building... I had no issues with noise from the interstate..I can certainly see...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

First off I would like to commend the staff for the wonderful effort they gave toward accommodating a full hotel on the weekend that I stayed, and this place overshot my expectations with cleanliness,and a breakfast that will put the upper hotel chains to shame, along with the fresh cookies at check-in they really know the path to my heart!
OK, the rooms were clean and comfortable with a small balcony you can stand out on, and a good clean bathroom, the internet wi-fi was weak, but with one call to the front desk and it was resolved with a ether-net cable the only complaint I have is that the doors to the rooms slam shut so hard that it shakes the whole building, so poor me wakes up along with the early birds that don't care about making noise of course. Even with that I will come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Ashmore Inn and Suites recently when we travelled to Lubbock for a high school competition at Texas Tech University. We did not have time to plan very far in advance and as a result most of the chain hotels in Lubbock were booked up. We booked at Ashmore using Expedia about 3 days in advance of our trip. Our room rate was $90 before tax. The hotel is conveniently located on the loop and near Texas Tech.

Every staff member who we came in contact with was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, quiet and we felt secure. As others have reported we were unable to connect to the hotel's WIFI. The common areas were nicely decorated, our room could have used an update. The bathroom wallpaper was very similar to a wallpaper that I put up in our house in 1985. The room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.

Breakfast options included prefabricated egg patties, sausage, bacon, boiled eggs, a variety of cereals, breads, and instant oatmeal. Again, the breakfast staff was was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

This was my first trip to Lubbock and I don't know if I'll return but if I do I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy P
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Over all the hotel and staff was good. My biggest issue was the poor to non-existent WIFI. When I asked the desk there wasn't much interest in my concern or complaint other than to offer an apology. My last night stay there was NO WIFI at all in the lobby. Some guest put their own WIFI in to compensate for the poor WIFI of the hotel. My next trip will not include a stay at the Ashmore.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 18 March 2013

First, the amenities listed on their web site are accurate so there is no need to list them again in this review. The hot deluxe breakfast was excellent. One cannot go wrong having biscuits, gravey, eggs, and bacon. The hostess was very helpful with information. She and the desk personnel kept everything running smoothly.

The beds are comfortable, and the room that we had was quiet with no traffic noise. There are good eating places and shopping within walking distance.

Since this facility is located on an eastbound, one way frontage road, there may be some ingress and egress problems.

Room Tip: Choose the unit fartherest from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple