“Staff went beyond the call of duty”

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Because of a knee injury, I needed a room on the first floor. I did not request this when I made my reservation three weeks before my arrival date. I called when I was about 45 minutes from the hotel to make the request. I spoke to Samantha at the front desk. The hotel was totally full and they had assigned me a room on the second floor and they did not have any available rooms left on the first floor. The hotel does not have an elevator. I hung up and began to try to figure out where to go to get a room. I did not know what to do! Unbeknownst to me Samantha and the manager, Steve, made the necessary changes to allow my staying in a room on the first floor, without my asking!!! They actually helped me avoid spending a lot of time that night driving around Lubbock at night looking for a hotel room with an elevator, or on the first floor. I cannot thank them enough!! I travel for a living and I have NEVER had a hotel go to such lengths to help me! They went beyond the "call of duty" as far as I am concerned. I highly recommend this hotel!! This is just ONE reason why I would recommend it! It is definitely a "5"!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location is very well placed for doing just about everything you would want to do in Lubbock, and there is no lack of eateries within walking distance, I counted 4 and there is a walmart pretty close. The room I had was more than adequate, the only thing I really didn't like about it was the AC took forever to cool off the room (from 5pm to about 2 am). This was also a 3rd floor room but it wasn't a very hot day. The cocktail hour was very welcomed, the spa was very relaxing but could use some pot lighting but I do like it is enclosed and accessible through the main building. The breakfast was great, good hot coffee and the usual hot and cold breakfast items. I will def be staying here again for business and pleasure. Also dont forget if you stay at ashmore fequently they do have a rewards punch card that you can earn a free stay, and leave a business card for another possible free stay.

Room Tip: Book early as this place fills up quickly, especially around game days (Texas Tech) and they do have...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Three things my wife wants from a hotel, clean, not smelling like smoke and nice and cold. Had all three. Not the newest place in town, but for the money it was great. I just needed a place to sleep and shower. I got more that I though I would.
Great place to stay for a few days while out of town. Everyone that worked there was very nice and
Friendly.
There is a mall across the highway, any restaurant with in 5 min's

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago and should have made the time to write this review then but didn't. Wrote first, unrelated review earlier today and immediately recalled the need to repay Ashmore's extreme unkindness from what will be my last stay there. Management allowed a bus engine to run all night outside a section of the hotel and refused to repeated, polite requests to move the bus, move us or force the owner of the bus to turn off the engine. Front desk refused refund request after night of no sleep and the following week the manager was curt and uncooperative by phone when politely asked for refund. Avoid the attitude - stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great Staff. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Great Rooms. Breakfast was better than most and evening drinks were good. Make sure you tip the folks at breakfast and at the evening cocktail hour. They were great, but I noticed people weren't leaving any tips for them in their jar. Guess they expect great service for nothing!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Truck B
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My son and I drove to Lubbock for a friend's graduation party. The hotel was easy to find, the rooms were very clean, and the complimentary breakfast was good. It is located in a nice part of town with easy access to Lubbock attractions, Walmart for items forgotten at home, and sevenral restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, we did have problems with our key as did other guests and there is no elevator to the second floor. Also the beds were comfortable but they were full size as opposed to queen so for two people it can be uncomfortable...we had two beds. The hotel is kept up nicely, outdoor pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: No elevatorso choose a ground floor room if you have mobility problems.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandiegoscout
Reviewed 15 July 2013

They were replacing carpet in breakfast area and the next day in the hallways. I was impressed the cleanliness of this place. Nice pool and nice hot tub. Staff were friendly and asked if anything was needed when approached counter. Room was clean and comfy and the air conditioner worked well even in 98D plus temperatures. No reservations about staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business