“Employees Great Accomodations Lousy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ashmore Inn and Suites

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
“Employees Great Accomodations Lousy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are average. They were replacing carpeting and only had padding down on our hall. We had an event to get ready for at 6:30. We could not get clean towels until 6:20. Breakfast is just a half step above Motel 6. In a word the experience was disappointing .

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hobbs, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed here before, and as I mentioned in my previous review, the amenities listed on their web site are accurate so there is no need to list them again in this review. The hot deluxe breakfast was excellent. One cannot go wrong having biscuits, gravy, eggs, and bacon. The hostess was very helpful with information. She and the desk personnel kept everything running smoothly.

The beds are comfortable, and the room that we had was quiet with no traffic noise. There are good eating places and shopping within walking distance. If one has a problem with second story rooms, be sure to ask for a downstairs room. There is no elevator.

Room Tip: Request a downstairs room. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

the Ashmore in in Lubbock Texas is a very clean and well run hotel. It is a older hotel but very well maintained and extremely clean. airport shuttle from 7 a.m. Until 10 p.m. happy hour from 5 30 to 7 p.m. With free drinks and snacks. free hot breakfast very nice. the staff is very professional friendly and helpful. there is a outdoor heated swimming pool with a sundeck and indoor jacuzzi I have seen the pool man cleaning the pool every day that I have been here. the grounds are very well maintained and beautiful. I stayed in a standard king which had microwave and refrigerator and a full size clean coffee maker also a work area. the wifi works well it is very quiet in the morning when the maids are cleaning no slamming doors. the bed is very comfortable the combo shower tub very clean.
I called to book on the phone with the hotel I was given a medical discount I thought I would only be here for two nights but when it turned out I needed to stay an extra tonight there was no problem they kept me in the same room...even though I had actually checked out one morning but returned in the afternoon. there is a wal-mart right next door Applebees cheddars steak house Jason's Deli all within walking distance.
they also have an extended stay area that is separate from the regular room. I almost wanted to cry when I saw how clean the room was after a terrible experience at Hawthorne in Lubbock after I had surgery and had to stay in that filthy health hazard. ...I only wish I had found this hotel first. excellent in every way my new home away from home for medical or fun trips to lubbock.located just off of the loop it is easy to get anywhere you need to be,but it is set back far enough from the loop you do not hear the road noise.

• Stayed May 2014
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Ashmore Inn is conveniently located on the Loop near shopping, restaurants, movie theatre and more. The public areas and guest room were clean. I love that this is a non-smoking hotel so there were no lingering bad odors. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful selection with eggs, saugsage, bacon, waffles, biscuits and gravy, instead of just cereal and muffins. We frequently come to Lubbock to visit family and plan to start staying here everytime. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request 1st floor room is no elevator is an issue.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah F
Odessa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stay at this hotel every time we come to Lubbock. It is close by where you can do some shopping, the mall is one street over. there is a Wal-Mart beside it, so if you need something you can walk to the Wal-Mart. Restaurants like Applebees, Cheddars, And Outback are also within walking distance. The rooms are clean, the staff is very nice. they have a happy hour in the evenings so you can drink for a few hours, and breakfast in the morning, all of it is complimentary, just for staying here. If you are looking for something convenient and clean, then I would stay here. I did see some remodeling going on in the public bathrooms, and one of the clerks told me that there updating the guest rooms as well with new carpet, drapes and stuff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alejandro F
Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at the Ashmore Inn in their extended stay area for 5 weeks during a traveling therapy contract in Lubbock. My room was nice. There was a living area with a min kitchen, desk, and loveseat and chair. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very nice. Amy, the young lady who is over breakfast was wonderful! I felt like she was the first friend I met there. She always had a big smile and greeted me whenever I went over for breakfast. The hotel is in walking distance to restaurants and Wal-Mart (like less than 5 minutes). If I have to complain about anything, I think the shower curtain could be a little thicker or a second plastic liner. If I'm ever back in Lubbock I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were staying there for three nights and the overall quality was only good enough for a quick overnight and that was all. Definitely a cheaper end motel. We didn't select this hotel and wouldn't stay there again. Also, we would not recommend staying in the annex. We thought the outside door would be easy access. But, the key card wouldn't work and there was bird droppings on that outside step.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kdbpku

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels