“it was a disappointment”

Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I found this hotel off the net hoping for a nice short trip with my boys and husband.We got to the hotel thinking it would be a really nice place from the outside and the entry of walking in.I got us a room and the room was way overpriced then what i seen on the net.We got to our room and the beds wasnt full size beds and the ac didnt work.I went to get more coffee for my room and they didnt have anymore in stock for me to have in my room.Then when i took my son down to the pool and i was going to lay back in the hot tub the hot tub was connected to the pool where there was kids hopping back and forth from to the other where the adults couldnt enjoy the hot tub at all.I was very disappointed with the hotel and my family and i wont return at the cost of what we was charged for just one room it was very upsetting.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what your paying for.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Recently rebadged Ramada Inn should have had the carpets replaced—the halls and stairwells smell bad. Outdated design puts half the rooms on the indoor pool, where one small child can make enough noise to keep you awake. The price was very high for the service delivered ($164 on a Tech graduation weekend) The hotel lacks contemporary security features—front door was unsecured late at night, and the reception desk cannot see who comes and goes.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My fiancé wanted to have a romantic weekend with me seeing as he had been in Afghanistan for a year and he was finally coming home. So he got a jacuzzi suite at this hotel and paid over $100 dollars for it. This doesn't bother me because most suites run around that much but for the quality I felt ripped off. We get to the hotel and it looks a bit sketchy. There is trash everywhere outside. It made me want to leave already. We walked in to check into out hotel and it's really humid because of the pool which is located in the center of the lobby. There was wet kids running around everywhere, all over the lobby making tons of noise. Probably around 15-20 kids. We start to head to our room but the elevator is broken and kids are playing in there too. So we walk up the stairs and finally get to our hall. There is trash on the ground in the halls and the carpet and walls were very dirty. Once inside the room, it was okay. It smelt bad though and the bathroom floor had hair on it. By this point I was disgusted and really wanted to leave. I will never stay at a red roof inn ever again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Raejaba99
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed there this weekend for Volleyball at Tx Tech. The rooms where not clean, The tile in the bathroom was stained and sagging. The refrig had opened beer cans, The mattress was lumpy. Was not worth the 89.00 plus tax we paid.

In side the lobby was really humid because the pool is inside and they have a little running creek. The staff where really nice at check in. The breakfast was good.

I would not stay here again would stay in some of the other hotels close.

I thought about taking pictures but didnt.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I stayed with a group - a baseball team's parents and fans. We pulled into the parking lot and it was a bit questionable. We got into the hotel and I enjoyed the interior lobby and all that was there. I saw that there was a breakfast nook and the pool was a good size.
There was pleasant desk staff. The housekeeping staff always seemed to be busy and our room was pretty clean. (Never really a good idea to move furniture to find the plug-ins- The housekeeping staff should swoop behind the nightstands once an a while - at least on our 3rd floor room) The bathroom was fine and well stocked :-)

we enjoyed the "sports bar" that was attached - I would use that term lightly! Do not expect food- cause there isn't any, but the beer is cold and there are specials! A couple of nice TVs always had a game or sports channel on and the band was really enjoyable too!

For the price and the location... it was just fine!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We are local and after our air conditioner croaked we needed a cool place to spend the night . The front desk staff was friendly and the hotel gave us no grief about checking in with our three dogs. Sadly, the positives really stop there.

The room was stuffy and the carpet was soaked on the side of the bed by the air conditioner. The air conditioner was really loud. After visiting 3 broken ice machines that were filled with cigarette butts and garbage, I finally had to go to the front desk to be directed to the one ice machine that did work. There were broken tiles on the floor of the elevator and the hallways were smelly and dirty. We ended up going back to our 90+ degree home after only 4 hours because we just couldn't take it anymore.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moviejunki
Reviewed 16 May 2010

The moment I went through the doors and approached the front desk I was greeted with genuine smiles! The woman at the front desk was pleasant courteous and always willing to help. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well handled and there again was a big smile! The housekeeping people were out in the hall and I did not know this until I opened my door to go to breakfast. It is close to the loop for convienence. The pool was clean and the fitness center was as well. I was so impressed by the staff and the facility itself I will continue using Red Roof Inn in my travels. Everyone there was pleasant and sincere about being pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Thank you so much for the comments. My staff is doing an wonderful job at the hotel. I am very proud of the progress we have made. Thanks again for posting!