“On a Budget!”

Ranked #37 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
Yuma, Arizona
“On a Budget!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We had a short business trip to Lubbock, TX and found this Red Roof Inn near the area we needed to be. We got a good price for the four day stay. It's an older building with an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The room did show the signs of age and we expected that. We did not meet one single employee that didn't have a smile and a nice word. There was a breakfast area that always seemed to be well stocked.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I will share your review in our employee meeting this morning! We love to hear reviews from our guest! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Temple, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I'm going to give you a description, you form your own opinion. When you first approach the doors a swarm of flies greet you, when you enter your room which is non-smoking, it reeks of smoke and the bathroom is very, very dated that it doesn't even look clean. Then when you are moved from the non-smoking room that smells like smoke to a non-smoking room that when you approach the room it smells like bleach... Seems like they were covering up something... I would have to say the flies did not stop they were in the room too. We should have left when we approached the front entrance... That was really the key to run. I'm sorry if you want to stay because of the cost and you like flies then perfect this is your spot. Trust me the Holiday Inn Express around the corner was 150% better than this Hotel. The pictures on the Web are all lies... Run I say, Run... or better yet don't book here go to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel! I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. My staff and I strive to make every stay a pleasant experience for our guests! I would love get more information about your stay. It allows me the opportunity to better our service and improve our hotel. I sincerely apologize again that we were not able to satisfy you. I have shared your review with my staff and we are working to correct the problems you experienced.
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed there as I was passing through to Colorado. Chose this hotel mainly for the cheap price and the reasonable reviews. The hotel was basic, but I didn't expect much more for the price. The rooms were clean even though the hotel is older and is showing it's age.

The indoor pool was closed while I was there, but it looked like it would be a good value for a family with kids who wanted to stay out of the extreme Texas heat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel! I appreciate your comments and I have shared them with my staff. I would like apologize for the pool being closed during your visit. We recently painted the deck. My staff and I are constantly trying to make improvements at the hotel. Thank you, again for the post!
Abilene, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days for college orientation. Picked because my dog got to stay for free. She was able to stay in the room (in her roomy cage) while we were gone. I booked the room for 2 people, but a third stayed for the first night. No roll away beds were available. We went to Wal-Mart (about 5-7 min. away) and got an air mattress for $8; needed it anyway. Had no problem getting sheets and (tiny) pillows. Front desk staff super friendly. Lobby didn't feel air conditioned at all...very hot. Breakfast was great; biscuits, gravy, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, bagels, cinnamon rolls, coffee and juice. Used the pool one night; not crowded at all and very nice. A/C worked wonderfully! Short drive to Texas Tech campus. Will probably stay again in August for move-in day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Welcome to Red Raider country! We look forward to accommodating you during your trips to Lubbock! Red Roof Inn prides itself on being pet friendly so we are glad your pet was able to travel with you. I apologize that there were no rollaways available during your stay! We do have them but must have distributed them all that weekend. "Thank you!"...from my front desk staff. They appreciate getting noticed for their efforts to make our guests happy! We hope to see you next time you are in Lubbock. I look forward to meeting you! Please ask for me if you have time, I enjoy meeting our guests but especially the repeat ones! Thank you for taking the time to post a review!
Hobbs, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I found this hotel off the net hoping for a nice short trip with my boys and husband.We got to the hotel thinking it would be a really nice place from the outside and the entry of walking in.I got us a room and the room was way overpriced then what i seen on the net.We got to our room and the beds wasnt full size beds and the ac didnt work.I went to get more coffee for my room and they didnt have anymore in stock for me to have in my room.Then when i took my son down to the pool and i was going to lay back in the hot tub the hot tub was connected to the pool where there was kids hopping back and forth from to the other where the adults couldnt enjoy the hot tub at all.I was very disappointed with the hotel and my family and i wont return at the cost of what we was charged for just one room it was very upsetting.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what your paying for.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Recently rebadged Ramada Inn should have had the carpets replaced—the halls and stairwells smell bad. Outdated design puts half the rooms on the indoor pool, where one small child can make enough noise to keep you awake. The price was very high for the service delivered ($164 on a Tech graduation weekend) The hotel lacks contemporary security features—front door was unsecured late at night, and the reception desk cannot see who comes and goes.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

My fiancé wanted to have a romantic weekend with me seeing as he had been in Afghanistan for a year and he was finally coming home. So he got a jacuzzi suite at this hotel and paid over $100 dollars for it. This doesn't bother me because most suites run around that much but for the quality I felt ripped off. We get to the hotel and it looks a bit sketchy. There is trash everywhere outside. It made me want to leave already. We walked in to check into out hotel and it's really humid because of the pool which is located in the center of the lobby. There was wet kids running around everywhere, all over the lobby making tons of noise. Probably around 15-20 kids. We start to head to our room but the elevator is broken and kids are playing in there too. So we walk up the stairs and finally get to our hall. There is trash on the ground in the halls and the carpet and walls were very dirty. Once inside the room, it was okay. It smelt bad though and the bathroom floor had hair on it. By this point I was disgusted and really wanted to leave. I will never stay at a red roof inn ever again.

• Stayed April 2011