“Great hotel, great staff, just happened to get an old room”

Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I love this hotel don't get me wrong. the service is wonderful and the rooms are usually great. this time we arrived late with both our kids and the room we were in just happened to be one that badly needed an update and some repairs. the fridge was missing which is something that we usually depend on seeing as though we have an infant and toddler and need drinks and whatnot. also the bed in 263 was horrible. the mattress was worn to the point that the springs were poking me in the side and actually made me nauseous. we look forward to the beds at this hotel each and every time we travel to lubbock but this time neither me or my husband slept. if we didn't have two kids that were asleep I would have asked to be moves which I am sure they would have done in a heart beat. on a positive note...as always the staff is exceptional the front desk employee brought a play pen upstairs for me when we checked in for my daughter and Alex who does the breakfast was wonderful as always. For people looking for a spot to stay, if u happen to get a room. that needs updated plz ask for another room and let them know about the mattress I'm sure they will accommodate u and honestly it's not their fault. some of their beds are fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2013
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for the review and thank you for letting us know where we fell short during your recent visit. I apologize for the problems you encountered. My staff and I are working on correcting the issues. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Stopping thru on the way to New Mexico, traveling with myself and two younger kiddos. This hotel is absolutely great, the breakfast hostess, Alexandra was super AMAZING, she was very chipper, helpful,and kind, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee ans juice makes it nice when traveling they offer a sit down cafe type environment, all complimentary. The inside is awesome, they have a l ok pond, an inside pool, rooms with a view facing pool area, great being that's it's winter and the kids need to expend energy! The room are clean and roomy, this is an older holiday inn turned Ramada into red roof inn, so it's a much nicer red roof inn, awesome stay, great for anyone, business center and plenty of snacks and vending for late nite arrivals, have a great travel!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest. Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the stay and that we accommodated your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I got a $40 deal on this place from Expedia. So I picked it over holiday inn express at $119. Still not sure which was a better choice. This hotel was like something out of the 80's ...Complete with Zenith tube TV. Still it was clean and only $40. The bed was ok, but the noise in the hallway was easily heard. The internet was free, but sucked in terms of throughput. But only $40. There were lots of others enjoying the $40. And I was certain that I did not want to be a part of that demographic. For a short night....in and out....at $40...I suppose so. But probably wont come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience. Sorry we fell short in some areas. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were in Lubbock to visit family for Thanksgiving. The hotel was an older hotel but had good rate. The staff was friendly and helpful... Had to ask directions. Breakfast had a good variety. Indoor pool was a plus for the kids. I will be back next time we are in Lubbock.

Room Tip: Love the room over looking the lobby. Nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to complete a survey about our hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel while visiting your family in Lubbock. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Red roof inns have always been consistently clean, courteous, and efficient for us. This one was no different.

They had a great continental breakfast. Definitely above average.

The only weird thing was the hotel lobby. I am not sure if they converted an outdoor courtyard to an indoor one, but it was jarring to walk into initially. Hotel rooms have indoor, lobby facing windows. I have never seen anything quite like it.

Room Tip: If you don't like the idea of having your window facing an indoor lobby, I would make sure you g...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and also for submitting a review. We value guest feedback. Thank you for being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest. Thank you for the compliments on our breakfast. Glad you enjoy it. We look forward to seeing in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Your Team member Alexandra is a very nice person she works in the morning wit the breakfast she is not rude when we walk in for breakfast and she does a gud job keeping the breakfast area nice and clean

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for being a valuable guest. Thank you for sharing your experience. Alex is a huge asset to our team. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here as a last resort while in town for the Tech game. The hotel is located of I-27 and the loop. Parking is well lit, and check in was easy. Hotel is old and needs updating badly. Our room faced the inside of the indoor courtyard area. Rooms were noisy, and allow pets. We had to confront another room as well as the front desk about a constantly barking dog. Room was relatively clean, carpet was stained, and everything needs updating badly. They offer breakfast, but we didn't stick around. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay. Thank you for letting us know where we are falling short. I am sorry that you encountered problems with a barking dog. I hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance in the future.