“Worst place ever”

Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Austin, Texas
“Worst place ever”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff was friendly, the hotel is horrible. People drop off their kids to swim in the pool. There was hair in the bed and on the shower wall that wasn't mine, some sort of growth in the shower, barking dogs in the middle of the night and two parties that continued until midnight. Did not get much sleep and had to leave later than planned. The breakfast is a joke.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
1 Thank Visitor3100
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I have shared your survey with the staff and we have resolved each task at hand. I hope that you will join us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
hobbs nm
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed two nights,,the room was not as bad as i was told! i will stay again!! the folks that work there were all so nice! I just wish yall would put in new carpet!! the place was quite,i love the bar!! like i said i would have my friends stay there!

Room Tip: corner suites are large,very sunny!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Lubbock. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Filthy, Filthy, Filthy! Paid $150+ per night because it was TT graduation weekend. My flight to Lubbock was delayed, I would have been better off had it been cancelled! There is not one square foot of clean carpet in this entire hotel. Room has not had a good cleaning in a long time. Dirt and grime in every corner of the room. Bugs and dirt in window, Old outdated furnishings, stained sheets, mold growing in bathroom. The Sports Bar attached to this hotel does not help either, their clientele is less than ideal. Saturday night a dog barked all night long down the hallway. The only high point to this stay was the breakfast they provided and the lady working the breakfast area, both were great. Better off sleeping in your car in a parking lot somewhere.

1 Thank RSP64
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for submitting a guest review and letting us know where we fell short during your visit. I apologize for the problems you encountered. I can assure you I have shared your review with my staff and we have taken the steps necessary to correct the issues.

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Maud, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel May 16th, one night. It will be the last. This hotel is a dump. I was very disappointed with the room. The room had a bad odor. The sheets were wrinkled. There was mold in the show and built up dirt around the bottom of the tub. When we walked into the hotel the windows were nasty, not clean.
We had neighbor's next door that you could hear. They were arguing and slamming doors.
I would not stay here again. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Oh, on top of all this I paid, get this, $150.00 for the room. I could not believe it. The pictures, don't believe what you see.
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
1 Thank Celia P
I would first like to thank you for your recent stay at the hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to complete a guest review. We value guest feedback whether it be positive or negative. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I can assure you I have taken the steps necessary to fix the problems you encountered.
USA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Even though we got a really good rate (senior discount was better than the Hotel coupon booklet rate), the room was slightly scary and the bathroom was subpar. Glad I had my flip-flops for the very worn room carpeting. The bathroom vanity was nice granite, but the tub had very mildewed caulking and a shower/tub faucet that put most of the water out of the shower head and was not adjustable between tub or shower. The bath exhaust was also not working, so the room felt very humid and stuffy...the A/C corrected that stuffy feeling though. Breakfast was a typical high carb, low quality hotel breakfast. Although they did have plenty of banana's and red delicious apples. The lobby receptionist was friendly and helpful, but had to make several guests wait while she had to deal with a key card system that wasn't working properly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barfood_MO
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the hotel. Thank you for also letting us know where we fell short during your visit. I apologize for those short comings. I have shared your review with my staff and made sure to complete each task at hand. I hope that you will join us in the future.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The pictures you see is nothing like what it really is, I found black hair all in the bathtub, and mold around the edge of bathtub, and dead bugs under sink. This place should be shut down.never again will I stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Loriannperry
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for submitting a review for the hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I have shared your survey with the staff and taken the steps necessary to correct the problems you encountered. I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We recently booked two rooms on a family vacation to New Mexico and this was a good mid way point. The pictures on the website are corporate rooms and totally opposite of the actual rooms. They were unclean and just plan nasty. Mold in the showers in both rooms. The window curtain even had mold. The carpet was dirty and not vacummed. The hot tub looked like the sewer drained directly in it. We prayed that we wouldn't wake up to our cars on blocks. The sheets had stains and we had to ask for extra sheets to change them ourselves.

Be warned, this place is not what the pictures show. We got our family up at 5:30a just so we could leave this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rick S
GeneralManager707, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We are updating rooms as quick as we can, I apologize that you feel mislead. I have shared your survey with my staff and can assure you we have taken the steps necessary to correct the issues. I hope that you will join us in the future.