“The Most Pleasant Courteous Staff”

Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock
Ranked #34 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 16 May 2010

The moment I went through the doors and approached the front desk I was greeted with genuine smiles! The woman at the front desk was pleasant courteous and always willing to help. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well handled and there again was a big smile! The housekeeping people were out in the hall and I did not know this until I opened my door to go to breakfast. It is close to the loop for convienence. The pool was clean and the fitness center was as well. I was so impressed by the staff and the facility itself I will continue using Red Roof Inn in my travels. Everyone there was pleasant and sincere about being pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Thank you so much for the comments. My staff is doing an wonderful job at the hotel. I am very proud of the progress we have made. Thanks again for posting!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock

Reviewed 10 May 2010

When Red Roof Inn bought this 40 year old Holiday Inn Holidome about a year ago, it was horribly run down and neglected but no longer. Even though the repairs are still underway and numerous room items aren't yet corrected (some mold on the shower tile, doors bang against their frames so everyone within 8 rooms both directions comes out to see why you're slamming your door, murky pool water and kickboards missing), the vital amenities are all in place for the whole family. From the warm greeting at the front desk to the attentive wait staff at the free breakfast to the magnum-sized pool/hot tub, this hotel cares about the important details. The huge atrium invites relaxation with its overstuffed chairs in front of a huge plasma TV and Koi pond to fascinate the kids. On the other side of the atrium is where the kids have the real fun in the 8 foot deep ended pool. Little comforts are everywhere with room refrigerator and microwave, large vanity and curved shower curtain rods but an item I've not found in hotels costing 4 times as much is the 24 hour Cappuccino/coffee/hot chocolate machine in the dining area which dispenses 8 different drinks at the touch of a button, much to the delight of the little ones. In addition, the breakfast area is spacious with large tables and the serving area is well planned with 2 coffee machines so there aren't long waits for drinks. Parking is a breeze but without my GPS I might have had difficulty initially locating both the hotel and entrance so get good directions before arrival. Although the location is within 1/2 mile of tough neighborhoods (not ghetto), there's no direct access from that direction so we never saw anyone suspicious during our 2 day stay but the friendly security guard was there anyway. Overall, a wonderful find at an amazingly low price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are working hard to create a GREAT product with exceptional service. We still have areas we are working on improving. Rest assured the areas you mentioned in your review will be addressed with my staff and corrected immediately. Again thank you for your compliments; as well as, the areas of opportunity for my staff and I to better our service and product.

Shelly Smith
Red Roof Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed 21 March 2010

This is the letter that I wrote to the general manager of the Red Roof Inn in Lubbock, TX after several stays there.

Shelly,

I currently work as a business consultant and am on the road 21-23 days per month and because I pay my own bills I am always looking for low cost hotels that have great service. That is a difficult combination to find quite frankly.

I have stayed at your Red Roof Inn a few times over the last few months as my work has drawn me to Lubbock.

I want to tell you about the exceptional service I have experienced from one of your staff, Peggy Kelliher. She is, after all, the reason why I continue to return to your establishment.

On my first visit, I could not get my remote control to work in my room so I came back to the front desk and Peggy gave me another. About ten minutes later, she called my room checking to see if I had been able to get the replacement to work. I hadn’t. She then came to my room with two other remotes and a booklet with the programming codes and instructions. Between us, we got one of them to work in about one minute.

The next time I came to your Red Roof Inn about two weeks later, she greeted me with a smile and welcomed me back by name. That impressed me. I actually felt bad because I hadn’t remembered her name and I am sure that she helps many more people per day than I do. After I went to my room, she called and asked if everything was good in my room. Again, she exceeded my expectations.

Regardless of how busy she is, she never withholds her smile, her spirit or her friendly welcoming nature. Each time I have checked in or out, she has been thoughtful enough to ask if I had remembered this or that and if my stay has been up to my expectations. I have seen her help three people at the front desk while answering the phone at the same time and making each person feel like they are the one that she cares about the most. In the middle of her stress, she never lets on that I am anything but her greatest joy for the day. I am sure that I am not the only guest that she treats this way.

If Red Roof Inn corporate or the management of this hotel have any way to recognize this terrific employee, I would recommend you do so. She is a treasure.

That was my letter. Obviously, I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

Jim C.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JRC417
GeneralManager707, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

Thank you for the great review. My staff and I are working very hard to provide the level of service you expect when traveling. We appreciate your comments!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 February 2010

We came to the Red Roof Hotel not actually for business. My wife was set up for an eye operation . We are from Andrews a little over 100 miles south. This hotel was near to the Doctor, it was near to Wal-Mart for the precription after the operation. Near to many things and places I want to go and see. But due to or business we didn't get to enjoy all that much of the city. Our daughter did the onlinr reservation. WE came to check in just 15 or 20 minutes after the operation was done. I didn't have time to mess around. I was checked in very quickly , we had no problem with needing a ground floor room they had us in one. Wife slept threw the entire stay. I took photos of just about everything I could. for her . The yung Manager was a bit worried seeing all my photos didn't have any persons in it ... I bet he thought "Health Dept." or OSHA lol... Wife and 2 daughters got to see the hotel and we all agree we would come back..Room 154 was a little loud as the laundry is just across from the room. Large pool bigger than Elvis's at Graceland! and a great hot tub with lots of bubble jets Even a Sana room !. We did have 2 light bulbs out ... sniff sniff... bit I did just fine with all the others. Maybe not the bestest place to stay , but WE was happy . Nice people here , and they have a pond with really large gold fish with a little bridge small trees .. Not like the usuall Hotel! The check in desk is inside the center like a small house, lots of lounging room, chairs and tables plenty, wide nice flat screen TV just a few feet from the check in desk. They do have elivators and Ice machines handy .SportsBar Room for dancing, darts an area for a small band. Conference rooms ... We did not try the WiFi .

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

The folks working at ths motel are working hard at improving the facility. However, it appears there was profit taken without much put back in repair and upkeep over the years. The four days we were there I changed rooms two times for various reasons. Any complaint/concern I had was addresed to the authority they had to make me happy. The rooms did smell, the breakfast nook was not real appealing, and the housekeeping crew left MUCH to be desired. I love the folks at the front desk, the manager, and most of the employees I ran into during the time there. Would I stay there again? Not in it's present condition (last of July), but would consider after the carpet was replaced, and the rooms didn't smell like smoke.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I stayed here on a spur of the moment trip to Lubbock due to a family emergency. This was the only room we could find, but when we go to our room, we found open beer in the mini-fridge, coffee maker dirty, and just general filth around the room. Most of this was not noticed until the next day due to us getting in late the previous night, or else I would not have stayed there.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
raretraveler_9, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2009

We look forward to your responses and feedback on our hotel. I would like to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have researched the problems you encountered and have taken actions to correct them.

Our hotel has undergone many changes in the last few months including staff, renovations and management company. We are constantly striving to improve the quality and service offered. Your comments allow us to improve areas that mean the most to you as a guest.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

I am not sure this is the sort of review you are looking for but I was so excited I wanted to let someone know.

On my recent Business Trip to Lubbock Texas, my mission was to try and find a nice hotel for our 2010 week long conference for 150 people or cancel it.
Our budgets had been cut due to the economy and Lubbock was our last resort to find a hotel that would accommodate our needs.
I had visited several hotels in the area until I can upon the Red Roof Inn and Conference Center

Well let me tell you........the guestrooms were clean, they hotel offered everything we were looking for and the staff was just wonderful. They bent over backwards to make everything work so that we were able to stay well within our budget.

This is a great hotel for groups on a tight budget!