“Great”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had a wonderful weekend and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Great staff and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Cindy H

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was apprehensive at first about the cost per night along with all the other negative reviews. However after speaking to Brian the hotel manager was very helpful and assured me that they uphold the highest standards.

I paid cash for two nights and then added the third night and paid cash as well. There was a little confusion at first however Sarah the office supervisor helped out and fixed the problem.

The hotel was extremely clean and well kept and the staff was friendly and helpful with accomadations.

This turned out to be a memorable experience and a wonderful way to celebrate my graduation

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The hotel was a great price and very clean! We will stay here every time we come to Lubbock from now on. The room was very nice and quiet with a nice view of the city and is in a perfect location with great places to eat and enjoy within walking distance. I am a nursing student and the staff accomidated me with the most quiet area in the hotel and it is only 5 minutes from the hospital I was testing at. Excellent place to stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed at the Overton for 4 nights - we had a suite on the concierge floor.

The room was great and, mostly the staff were very helpful. There were a couple of exceptions. One, we never had any housekeeping service on Sunday, even though we left the room from noon to 4 PM (w/out any do not disturb sign, in case you're wondering). We even called and asked to have housekeeping come up and service the room. Nothing. I suspect they keep a very limited staff on Sundays and simply didn't get around to it. But why wouldn't the front desk get back to me when I asked them?

Second, their front desk staff is nice, but can be very uneven. We called and asked to speak to the concierge. There was a guy wearing a nametag that said "concierge" and he was very helpful. But when we called back to follow up, we were told that the hotel had no such person.

Strange.

Good rooms, not much in the way of service. I'd go back, but with lowered expectations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Room is generously-sized and extremely comfortable.
Bathroom is luxurious, as are toiletries.
Turn-down service chocolates are a nice touch on preferred levels.
Staff is friendly, polite and extremely helpful.
No other hotel in Lubbock comes close!

Room Tip: Preferred levels offer great views, happy hour and breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed in the hotel after picking up my tween from a flight. She arrived after 10pm so we ordered room service. Wonderful chicken panni with sundried tomatoes and a kobe beef burger. I did choose a room on the conciere floor at a higher rate. The view was nice and also the club lounge. We missed the evening food and beverage but the next morning I had coffee and my daughter had juice a muffin then dasni water for our trip. They also provide you a breakfast buffet coupon for the resturant. Wonderful eggs, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, waffles and more. the breakfast buffet is offered until 11AM so we had it more as a brunch. Fitness center is open 24 hours per day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed one night here to move my daughter out of her apartment. While it's a nice hotel, $165 a night for a hotel in Lubbock seems pretty steep. They also have a nice brunch.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family