“Hotel is nice, but Dining Room is a Disaster”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We have stayed at your hotel about 5 times now; we travel between Austin, TX and Santa Fe, NM about once every 6 mos. The hotel rooms are very nice, but your dining room is never any good. We were there on September 14 overnight on your Concierge Level; on the morning of September 15, we went down to the DR and there was almost no place to sit because all of the tables had dirty dishes on them. When we were finally seated, we sat and waited for someone to serve us some coffee, but no one was around. Finally, we went to the buffet and served ourselves. We have NEVER had a good experience in your dining room. You need a manager ro run that place as it continues to be a disaster in all respects!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank James L

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Overton Hotel while in Lubbock for a friend’s wedding the weekend of August 20th. I will start off by saying there is truly no other hotel in Lubbock that compares to the Overton.

Bryan Scott went far beyond expectations and did everything he could to make sure our stay was a great one. He did so much to ensure we got the most out of our stay. Even before we arrived, Bryan Scott was very helpful. Anytime I will be back in Lubbock I will return to the Overton because of the exceptional service, great location, wonderful accommodations, and tasty food.

I do recommend staying in one of the preferred rooms facing campus (facing west) to include the Manager’s Receptions (with drinks) and breakfast the following morning. Also, you get a better view. I did not think the view would be a big deal. This being Lubbock and all. However, it was great to see all of campus from one of the top floors of the hotel. If there is a great view in Lubbock to have, this is it.

The entire staff did a great job while we were there. Bellhop, valet, house keeping, front desk, restaurant staff, everyone was great. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a preferred room if available. Not a big deal if you don't.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel is so much fun! Sexy cowhide furniture and leather chairs invite you to sit down and soak up the Texan theme. Great restaurant. I'm on a special diet and the grilled trout and asparagus they whipped up for me was mouthwatering! My shuttle driver took me to Fed Ex before the airport without a peep! Great customer service. Special thanks to Sarah-she's got customer service down to an art!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Skye6049
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We attended the Texas Tech vs Texas State game. when we arrived, we discovered we made our reservations online for the wrong date. A wonderful young lady named Sarah at the front desk found us a room even though the hotel was sold out. Her comment to me that she wasn't going to send us to another hotel made it clear to me was empowered to find a solution to our mistake. That kind of 5 star service has made me a fan for life.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The airport shuttle was very good. The room was spacious and there were no issues with comfort or cleanliness. However, I have never seen such disorder in a restaurant at breakfast time. All I wanted was coffee and the buffet (expensive). It took 15 minutes (timed) just to get coffee with cream/milk, and to get change for a $20 I had to follow the restaurant staff member out of the restaurant to the adjacent coffee bar to get the clerk to handle the transaction. Weird!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Overton during our daughter's "move-in" weekend at Texas Tech. We were very pleased with the hospitality and efforts made by the Manager Kurt Metcalf and his assistant Josh Henegar in accommodating our needs and last minute change of plans. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet at the 2322 restaurant is very good, and once again the staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the hospitality lounge was also very welcoming. We have several upcoming trips to Lubbock and will definitely stay at the Overton

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at the Overton when I brought my daughter to TTU, The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is awesome.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family