“Ok Visit”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 23 October 2011

When I arrived, I sat in my car for about 5 minutes waiting for someone to valet me car. There wasn't anyone at the valet stand, but there also wasn't any other cars waiting to be parked. I finally called inside to see if valet was offered. The girl who answered the phone said yes they did and it was $4 a night. I told her I was sitting in their driveway and would like to check in. She told me that she would send someone out; the valet person was dealing with luggage. Once the attendant came out to take my keys, I entered the hotel to check in only to be told my room was not ready. I finally got to get in my room after my meetings. The room was nice enough. Wasn't impressed with the service though.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tammy K
There are newer reviews for Overton Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 21 October 2011

great hotel! clean, great service, great amenities! we will stay here whenever we come to lubbock to catch an early morning flight! :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennsastar
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Nice hotel. Customer service was good. There was a noisy wedding party that kept us awake, but was handled promptly once we called the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed for one night because it was sold out for the other nights. It is quite nice and the location is perfect for tech fans. Also free parking which is a nice change from cities with similar accommodations. We will definitely make reservations early so we can always stay here when in Lubbock.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was my first stay at the Overton, but I hope to return. I was there on Homecoming and expected crazy noise and discomfort. Far from it; rooms are quiet even with a full house. Hostess/hosts in the concierage lounge were especially welcoming. View is lovely, decor is Texas, very pleasing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Beautiful hotel, extremely comfortable, friendly staff. I've stayed at The Overton many times, and the service, which is always good, has improved each time. They manage crowds nicely, especially on football game days. I arrive, valet my car, and there is no reason to be back in my car until I'm ready to go home. Everything I need is within walking distance; Jones Stadium, Tech campus, shopping, dining, it's all right there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a campus view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shannon H
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We have stayed at your hotel about 5 times now; we travel between Austin, TX and Santa Fe, NM about once every 6 mos. The hotel rooms are very nice, but your dining room is never any good. We were there on September 14 overnight on your Concierge Level; on the morning of September 15, we went down to the DR and there was almost no place to sit because all of the tables had dirty dishes on them. When we were finally seated, we sat and waited for someone to serve us some coffee, but no one was around. Finally, we went to the buffet and served ourselves. We have NEVER had a good experience in your dining room. You need a manager ro run that place as it continues to be a disaster in all respects!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family