“Best place to stay in Lubbock”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is about the only hotel I will book while in Lubbock, and I'm a Hilton Diamond member. I've been here several times over the years and it's hard to beat. The area across University has been revitalized over the past few years, so the area safety has improved. Easy access to the University - 5 min car ride or 15 min walk.

The overall design is very appealing - they did a nice job. Rooms are large and updated, the beds above average and the service is excellent. Like most hotels, the breakfast is decent and the food overall is above average. Sadly, the chain restaurants nearby like "Chili's" as well as some other usual suspects are awful. Awful. So, the dining and bar options are quite nice at the Overton and you can get room service up until 1 am.

The fitness center is on par with many others. The internet is pretty good and doesn't crash when tons of people are on. Shipping items in and out of the hotel is painless, otherwise there's a FedEx close by. I will continue to stay at the Overton.}

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We are pleased that the Overton Hotel is your choice to stay when your travels bring you to Lubbock. Thank you for the great review and your business!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms are spacious the Hotel is new and the service is excellent. The only downside is that taxis are hard to come by although that probably holds true for Lubbock as a whole. I think this is the best lodging available in Lubbock.

Room Tip: Higher level and odd number rooms overlook Texas Tech Campus.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the Great review! We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Overton for a fraternity reunion. While we have stayed in many places in Lubbock over the years, we had never stayed at the Overton before. What a pleasant experience! We had convention rates making the room very affordable.The rooms were very nice, although the walls are thin so bring some kind of "white noise" machine. I had read previous reviews so I requested an upper floor, facing west (view of the campus). They were very obliging at the front desk. Although we never ate there, I would stay again, especially if the room would be discounted from the $180.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The view from the top floors facing TTU campus is the best and we are happy that you were able to enjoy it. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked a room on the preferred floor (15) and payed $200 for the night. The view was cool but the room is nothing more than a typical holiday inn. There is not a way to watch movies, either by dish or DVD. Save your money and stay somewhere cheaper!

• Stayed: March 2014
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. This not the level of service we strive for and you deserved better.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Spent two nights here. The room was spacious, the queen beds very comfortable and well-appointed, parking a breeze, lovely view of Texas Tech (12th floor), professional and courteous staff, timely housekeeping. Loved the coffee bar off the lobby. If I ever return to Lubbock, this is where I'll stay. It was a problem-free weekend.

Room Tip: High Floor, view of Texas Tech
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind comments of your overall stay and the staff appreciates the recognition. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have a daughter that goes to Texas Tech so I chose this hotel for the close proximity to the school. Our room was not ready at check-in time, so I had to wait approx. 45 mins to check in. I am very particular about cleanliness, and in my opinion this room was not cleaned as well as it should have been. The bathtub and shower curtain were a little dingy, and there was a blob of something on the ceiling. This was my second time to stay here and I have not been impressed either time. The Overton is a little more expensive than most hotels in this area and other than the location, I don't think its worth the additional cost.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Twinmom6795

Thank you for your review. We truly strive to provide excellent accommodations to each of our guest and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our family stayed in Lubbock to/from Colorado from Austin. On the drive to CO, we stayed in a typical chain hotel that was highly rated by Trip Advisor. It was not comfortable, the room was loud and it was difficult to sleep in and I dreaded having that same experience on our return trip home..

Desperate to find a better hotel for the ride home, I looked up the Overton and was very excited to see that the price was not that much more (granted, it was a weekend at the end of spring break). We enjoyed everything about this hotel:
* the ease of parking
* nice lobby
* great 2-Queen bed modern room
* Texas-feel to the bar & great menu in the restaurant

The next time we pass through Lubbock, this is the only hotel I would stay in.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor and had great views - very clean, modern room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are happy you were not disappointed with your stay. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us the next time you are passing through Lubbock!