“Very disappointed”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband travels for business in Lubbock fairly often. We have stayed at the Overton once before because of the location. This past time will definitely be the last. Upon arrival we left my husbands truck to be valeted, when he called to have them bring his truck around so he could leave, they left his truck in the valet area turned on unattended. My husband walked up, waited for someone, and got in his car. No one ever knew and were in no way concerned about his vehicle. The first night we were looking for the remote and found a USED ACE BANDAGE at the foot of the bed IN THE SHEETS. I called the front desk and a maid was sent up to change the sheets. No one contacted me to apologize of even acknowledge this DISGUSTING situation. I had to call the manager two days later and they credited me 30.00. Although the manager was nice I did not feel taken care of in any way. There was little attempt to rectify the problem. We will never return and will never recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Ashleyalbertson
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I would like to apologize for the issues that occurred during your recent stay. I have personally addressed them and assure you it will not happen again. I hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with better service in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lubbock. Rooms are great, staff is excellent. Prices are reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

Hotel seemed pretty full and I didn't hear anyone in the hallways or adjacent rooms. Seemed like a much more solid building than some of the other hotel chains.

Location is next to Texas Tech and about 15 minute ride from the airport. They have a shuttle to and from airport. Not sure if there is usually a charge for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bt_dot_com

We definitely appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Overton Hotel. We are very happy that we were the Highlight of your trip to Lubbock, also the hotel Shuttle service to and from airport is a courtesy to all our hotel guest. We hope to have you as a guest again when your travels bring you to Lubbock

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while in town on business, and I was very pleased by the courteous staff (who checked me in at 1am!), and the solid construction of the hotel. I've reviewed many times before about newer hotels that were in such a hurry to open and cut costs that the floors and walls are thin enough to hear every slamming door and chatty party-goers stumbling in late at night. I had a very quiet and restful night after a nice meal from all-night room service. The food was a great value and tasted great. The room was beautiful and had a very comfortable bed, clean restroom with high end toiletries and stately decor. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zoomblur

I appreciate the great review. We truly strive to Please Every Guest Every Time! so glad to hear that you will be staying with us again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the Overton for a wedding. The hotel front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful, especially Dereck, Wanda and Alan. They had great smiles and we were greeted every time.I really enjoyed the breakfast and my room was nice and spacious. I would stay here again thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joneslikes2stay
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We are happy that you were not disappointed with your stay. Thank you for the great comments regarding Derek, Wanda and Alan, and for choosing the Overton Hotel next time your travels bring you to Lubbock,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a fantastic biz trip experience that makes me want to visit Lubbock again really soon. The front desk team accomodated all of my requests. My room was super clean and quiet; and the bed was very comfortable-even more comfy than my bed at home (serious). The food at Pecan Grill is fantastic beyond belief. I dined solo at the restaurant both nights and was treated like a regular guest. There is no reason to dine anywhere else in Lubbock. BTW, parking and WiFi are free. The WiFi is uber fast.

Room Tip: Request a higher level room at the end of the hall overlooking Texas Tech.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MousseMakesGumbo

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding the Hotel staff, rooms and Pecan Grill. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Overton was the location for WTPA annual meeting. The only downside was the quality of the food at our banquet Sat nite. The chicken & beef were dry & cold for about $40 a plate
We will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.and I apologize the Banquet food was not to your satisfaction. It has been addressed.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had heard such great things about the Overton that we couldn't wait to see for ourselves. We arrived around 6pm, so our room was ready right away. We stayed in a King suite and I was surprised that there was only one room, as opposed to other hotels in Lubbock that have a separate bedroom/living room area for the same price point (or less). The bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been -- there were hairs in the sink and shower. Room service was slow and the food was just okay. There isn't much in terms of variety or even in the number of meals provided, so it might be better to eat in their restaurant or find somewhere else to eat on University. The pillows were too soft for us, and therefore not comfortable. Our room was right next to the ice and vending machines, so that caused a commotion throughout the night. Also, it was very cold when we checked in, so we turned up the temperature. In the middle of the night, I was sweating, so I think the thermostat are wonky. I think next time we will find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: If you can afford a higher room with views of the campus, that would be better. We had a great view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple