“Not the best place to stay in Lubbock” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Overton Hotel and Conference Center

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Taos, New Mexico
“Not the best place to stay in Lubbock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

While this is the nicest physical hotel in Lubbock, as well as one of the newest, the staff here could use some real hotel training. Front desk clerk was abrupt with "the only room available" is 2 beds. The TV screen on the desk was flashing to "Ask about a king suite upgrade", but there were none available, but they were bookable online, as were standard kings. Only stayed one night, but after being in 6 hotels on this trip in 12 days, this one was forgettable. Lots of choice these days in Lubbock.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2y2r2onot2
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I appreciate the feedback and I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. This will certainly help as a training tool with training our Front Desk staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. I booked the room for 3 nights because it was close to a conference center where I was presenting, and didn't have high hopes for the experience overall. However, there wasn't anything that disappointed in any way. The size of the room was just right, it was very clean and in good condition, the bed was comfortable, and WiFi was free. My only complaint is the somewhat outdated air conditioning system, which never shut off completely even when I turned it off. As a result, the room was always cold, unless I turned the heat on to balance it out. The staff was courteous and very helpful. Location-wise, it's as close as you can get to the "happening" spots in this college-centered town. Room service is decent but overpriced, as is common with many hotels. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a floor as you can - the university view is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Edward C
our Motto is to "Please every guest, Every time" So happy to hear that you were not disappointed with your stay . We do hope to have you stay with us again.
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

One can usually tell immediately upon arrival to a hotel rather or not it's going to be a good experience. Upon my arrival I immediately wanted to do a review but told myself to hold off until my departure because something might had happened to make me change my view of this establishment. But my review remains favorable. My 3 days there were delightful. There was one comfortable bed. The room was clean, I could walk barefoot if I wanted to. In some places, I chose not to even though it looked clean. Overton's gym and pool area worked out (no pun intended) well for me. The free breakfast buffet vouchers was one of the best things. A variety of freshly made breakfast foods laid out on the buffet and there was a very helpful staff to make sure that everything was good. It is near restaurants, shops and a Starbucks. Texas Tech is right on University for folks who are taking their kids there and need to be nearby in comfort. The community around it is being built up and there are reminders of their own homeboy Buddy Holly. He's their hero and rightly so. Even Mac Davis is honored...Overton is on Mac Davis Lane. Before leaving town, we visited the cemetery where Buddy and his parents are interred. Overton's pricier than what I can afford but I would stay there again if I could. One thing that I missed was a tub. Nightly soaks are good for me but if you can make your way to the spa, the jacuzzi...it all can work out just fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelerbycar
We really appreciate the Great Review and glad to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to having you stay at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center again.
El Paso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recently I had the opportunity to visit Lubbock and had the good fortune to be booked into the Overton. The best option in Lubbock. Close to Texas Tech University and within walking distance to many restaurants and the in house eatery is very nice as well. The service was outstanding. I would recommend without hesitation that anyone visiting Lubbock should stay here, by far its the best option in town.

Room Tip: 1118 and 1116 are located in front of the ice machine, you may want to avoid that as the sound can b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CliffElPaso
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am happy to hear you were not disappointed with your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and your recommendation of the Overton Hotel to family and friends. I hope to have you stay with us again the next time you visit Lubbock
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at the hotel over 25 times in the last 3 years. This was the first time I had an issue with a room. Unfortunately I had to be moved twice due to a problem with both of the rooms I was in. The staff was prompt in resolving the issues. Not only did they come to my room with keys and assistance to change rooms, they ended up crediting my account one night stay due to the inconvenience. Spoke with "Erin" on the first occasion who was very helpful. Class act Overton, thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TRAVELINMOMMA2
We definitely appreciate the feedback regarding the issues with your room. the issues were addressed. Thank you for the kind comments regarding Erin, its very much appreciated. We hope to have you and your family stay with us again.
Fort Smith, AR, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great hotel, very clean, and pleasant staff!! Great location adjacent to Texas Tech U and a lot of nice dining choices within walking distance. Room costs are usually north of $200, which is a little steep for Lubbock but compared to other hotels in the area, it's worth the difference.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room that overlooks the TTU campus.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg S
We are very happy you were not disappointed with your stay. our goal is "To Please every Guest Every time" We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again.
Midland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful hotel, in the lobby and in the room. Very Comfortable and Quiet too. But the King Bed was the best part of the weekend. Such a comfortable bed. I still dream about it!
The bar area was fun and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna D
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I very happy to hear that you were not disappointed with your stay. Our goal is "to Please Every Guest Every Time." We look forward to having you and your family stay with again.