“THE place to stay in Lubbock!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Chandler, Arizona
“THE place to stay in Lubbock!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have lived in Lubbock most of my life but recently away. Over the past few months I have had to return to town and each time I stayed at this hotel. Having lived in Lubbock I knew that the location was excellent.
The front desk staff is extremely helpful and eager to please. They have accommodated me when I have needed to check in early and they have been incredibly helpful when I have needed to check out late.
Something I greatly appreciate, especially when traveling during summer months, is when a property spends a little extra money and leaves the air conditioner on. This hotel has always extended that courtesy, which really matters when checking in late in the day. It is their attention to little details like this that make staying at HIEX Lubbock West a pleasure.
The housekeeping staff has always been very friendly and they are INCREDIBLY thorough. Each time I have stayed the room has been immaculate and clean. It is obvious that they care about their job and about the people that will occupy the rooms.

Keep it up Lubbock West!! I look forward to returning to town and staying with y'all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Shawn C,

I couldn't be more proud of such a glowing review, thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this! As you well know, guest experience is our #1 priority at HIEX Lubbock West and the more people that know about it and experience it for themselves the better!! I would really appreciate the opportunity to meet you the next time you stay at the hotel. If it isn't too much trouble for you of course, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Andre S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had to drive into Lubbock for a funeral and when calling to make my reservation Susanne and the AGM Christine were beyond helpful. I live 6 hours away but arrived in town early and Glenn at the front desk was able to get us an early check-in and was very professional and friendly. Vanessa was working the kitchen in the morning and I must say I've never enjoyed a continental breakfast more. Their pancake machine was magic.

Everything about this hotel was clean and professional. If I ever need to go to Lubbock again this will be my first choice of a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Don Davis,

I am sorry to hear about your reason for the trip to Lubbock. However, I am elated to know that you were treated well and enjoyed your stay with us. As the General Manager it never gets old to hear that your staff takes care of every guest and gives them personal attention to create a great hotel that guests love! Thanks for taking the time to spread the good word about your great experience here, I and the staff sincerely appreciate it!
Munds Park, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Typical Holiday property.... clean, comfortable, nice atmosphere and professional staff. You just can't seem to go wrong with Holiday. As a travel professional, I know that Holiday is one of the few remaining brands that seem to demand consistency and quality from their owners.

Room Tip: Any room you draw will be acceptable.
JO A,

You couldn't be more "on the spot" with your review! Consistency and guest experience are demands place hotel to hotel and staff to staff. Here in my hotel we take it a step further and ask that the staff demand it from themselves. All in all it results in guests knowing exactly what they will receive from Holiday Inn brands and more specifically my hotel. Thank you for CHOOSING the Holiday Inn Express and we look forward to your next visit!
Thanks again,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at this location for one night while traveling from San Antonio to Seattle. The hotel was a bit difficult to find and it was even more difficult to get to the proper highway when we left in the morning. We arrived at about 4:30pm and the room was not ready. There was a guest checking in when we arrived and their room was not ready either. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get our room and that was somewhat annoying after driving all day, including driving through a nasty Texas rain storm. The clerk did not recognize us as being priority club members but she had already offered us bottles of water while we had to wait for our room to be ready. The room itself was fine, clean and typical. The bathroom fan was loud and annoying. The breakfast in the morning was good and had a few more items than most of the Holiday Inn's we have stayed in. We would definitely consider staying at this location again if we happen to be in Lubbock.

2 Thank travelwithchild
Travelwithchild,

Thanks for an informing response to your stay! I am pleased to tell you that we have made some corrections within the hotel to ensure guest room readiness by 3pm. This will eliminate experiences like you described waiting for your room at 4:30 or later. In addition our front desk is stocked with maps and are always willing to help answer questions about directions using the "Loop" and "Marsha Sharp Freeways" systems of Lubbock. I would enjoy seeing you here at my hotel again on your next stay! I hope youre trip to Seattle was as fun as it sounds.
See you soon!
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2013

If your not familiar with the "Loop" Highway system... this can be a bit of a challenge to find. Once you've arrive, and survived the "Check-In" Zombies... you'll be fine.
Great indoor pool... although I don't think I'd want an indoor room du to the noise... and you'll want to get your food on the outside... vending is intermittent, and will be located as far from your room as you can get....
But room was huge, cool, and domfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Outside / Ground floor / Around the Back"... much easier to maneuver and find.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank ColoradoCommish1
DRCommish,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my hotel. I cant say enough how helpful these ratings and comments can be for other guests both present and future, as well as the hotel itself. From the hotel point of view we are able to see whats going good and where we can improve, in particular I am disheartened to hear the check in process is not as warm and inviting as I would like it to be. On the other hand I share your frustration with the "loop" highway system and am glad that you had a good stay with us! I will do my best to liven up those "zombies" at the front desk as well!
Thanks,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Front desk clerk when we checked in was awesome. He let me park/leave my RV in the drive until I could get my parents into their much appreciated accessible room. The clerk in the morning was most helpful in getting me enough quarters to do laundry even diving into her own pocket. After being on the road for 10 days the laundry was a necessary thing to do. Room was clean and fresh. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Accessible Room 126 was roomy but did not have wheelchair shower. Plenty of grab bars though!
1 Thank GLE_Texas
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
GLE_Texas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! It is always appreciated to hear that someone's stay was exceptional and that you would recommend us to everyone. I am also glad to hear that your stay in the accessible room was much needed and capable for your stay as well. The next time you get the RV fired up and head this way, we'll be ready for you!

Thanks,
Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped here on the last leg of a road trip. It was late at night and we did not have a reservation but we picked this property based on TA reviews. The staff was friendly. We were given a "suite" - Room 402 at the end of the hall - which looked like 1/2 of the furniture was missing.
There were only 2 prints on the walls, one couch, 2 end tables but only one lamp and then a chair and lamp pushed back against the window with a large open space between. Odd
There was a small kitchen with one small table and ONE chair. We had no need of the kitchen, but thought it would not work for a traveling family.
The bedroom was a queen bed crammed into a small room with it's own A/C. It was appointed nicely, but looked small and weird.
There was a cigarette burn in the soap dish in the shower. LIke someone had bathed but left their cigarette on the soap dish? Hair. Ugh! Then children's hand prints all over the windows which were obvious in the morning sun. Wrappers next to the couch? Really?
We just expect more from a HI Express because they are usually very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paguirre14
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Poxleo,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with your overall stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G