“Great hotel for the money!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I agree with the other reviewers in that this hotel is hard to get to but it is clean and the price is reasonable. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The express breakfast was decent and had a good selection. We would stay here again for sure!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

ElleHcim472,

I tend to think of our hotel like the surprise in a cracker jack box.. you've got to go through a lot of corn to get to it but its soooooo worth it!! That being said I am really glad.. more so proud that you had a great stay and felt that you received great value for your money. Being perceived a great value in the hotel world in an unsure economy is pretty good indication that your doing right by the guest! SO thank you very much and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my first stay in Lubbock. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. Linens were soft. Front desk personnel were very attentive. TVs were not working in exercise room. I let front desk know and a TV was installed the very next day. My only wish is that breakfast menu would offer healthier choices. Not a real problem because there is a Starbucks around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2013

Cynthiahouses,

Thanks for your review! I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I also appreciate you bringing the problems with your stay to our attention so that we are able to correct them and create a great stay for you! Please know that I have heard your concerns for healthier options and will look for ways to implement healthier options as best I can, in addition to our yogurts, bananas, etc. The cinnamon rolls are healthy..... if youre operating on a 5,000 calorie diet! But man they are gooooooooood! See you soon Cynthia,

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a very nice stay at the West location, our rooms were kept clean by Vanessa and Veronica was a pleasure to see in the morning. I would stay at the hotel again, and proably will since I will be visiting Lubbock often.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Richard,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent stay! Vanessa and Veronica are two of our very best on a staff I consider to be tops in Lubbock. So I have no doubt that you were well taken care of during your stay! We look forward to seeing you here often as a frequent Lubbock visitor and more importantly friend of the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock West!

See you soon Richard,

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice people at the front desk, nice big clean rooms, loved the comfy bed, clean smelling sheets & lots comfy pillows.yummy cookies, couldnt stop sampling. Would definitely stay here again, despite the hard to get at location, they are kinda hidden, without gps would have been hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2013
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

HarleyBrewski,

So that's where all the cookies went this weekend!!! HaHa, I am glad that you were able to have a fantastic stay with us! Our location is slightly difficult to get to as we are in a developing area of Lubbock and is the reason most GPS locators aren't much help to find us. Sounds like your GPS got you here without a problem. Please know that we will continue to give great service and clean rooms to all of our friends.. I mean guests. Hope to have you stay with us again soon!!

p.s.. I will let you know when we post the position for "Quality Control Agent" for our cookies!! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Another great stay. This time I had a room on the fourth floor and it felt like a larger room. Room cleaning staff look very happy and are friendly. Breakfast area neat an organized. Super speedy check in and out. Well lit. Safe area. Easy access to highway but I never hear highway noise. Nice quality towels and sheets. Plenty of outlets and the WiFi always works.

• Stayed: September 2013

MulberryCreek,

Thanks again for such a great review! Being that this was your most recent stay since May and both stays were great, I appreciate what that says about our consistency! An important part of getting great value is the level of consistency, and it sounds like were giving you exactly what you have come to expect time and time again!

I am glad that your check in/out was efficient and that you had time to enjoy our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel, and if I am correct you have about ten more trips lined up already?!

See ya soon,
Andre S

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel earns high marks in all categories for me. I was surprised at how quiet it was. I needed a good night and had my best sleep in ages. It is surely the best place in this town in this price range. They even have nice touches such as bathroom light that automatically goes on when one walks in & they have the latest model of room locks --making entrance faster & easier. All staff friendly & helpful. I wish this was the hotel I could have at every stop!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Sharon T,

Thanks for your review, it is surely appreciated by the staff and I. Its great to hear that you had a great nights sleep here at our hotel, in fact the best sleep in ages.. thinking about putting that on a banner in the lobby.. haha I wish we could be your hotel at every stop but I'll make a deal with you.. how about we be your only stop when you come to Lubbock?! That sounds like a winner to me, See ya soon Sharon!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great location easy travel to shopping and food. Great service from staff, very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable but was missing a few of the normal amenities; i.e. conditioner missing and hand lotion was half full. Breakfast area seemed a little behind in getting things out but was corrected as soon as things were identified. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

David G.

I am glad that you had a very enjoyable stay, though I must admit I am saddened to hear that the room amenities and breakfast were not up to par during your visit. Please know that we have made adjustments to prevent this from happening and I appreciate your honesty and review. Hopefully you do a lot of shopping and will be staying with us again! In the event you are able to make it back to Lubbock for shopping or any other reason, I would insist that you stay with us again to be reassured of the great quality and guest experience we provide here at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock West!