“Not their usual speedy service.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #340 of 589 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Description: (806) 792-4805
Lubbock, Texas
“Not their usual speedy service.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It had been a long while since my last visit to RL in Lubbock, although I frequent it fairly regularly in other markets. I arrived at 11:30 with a group of 8 for a weekday lunch and was promptly seated, but that's where the hustle ended. For some reason that was never explained, two different servers took our orders. One took food orders for three of the ladies. The other had to be reminded almost 15 minutes later when we could flag her down that five of us had not ordered. A bottle of wine took 30 minutes to arrive from the bar. Drink ordering was erratic. Even when told that some of the ladies needed to get back to work, there wasn't much hustle. Food was terrific, as always, and there were some great lunch priced options. I hope that an hour and 45 minutes on a weekday is a service anomaly.

• Visited April 2014

“Disappointed. ”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped in the Lubbock Red Lobster after a 7 hour trip from Red River. We were tired and hungry. It was around 3pm and the place didn't have many people in it. We were seated immediately and the waiter took our drink orders. The biscuits (that I love) were hard and super dry and had apparently been sitting under a warmer for a long time. I always order the crab Alfredo. Always have. The portion was very small-a lot smaller than normal and it tasted old. Not rich and creamy like it usually is at other Red Lobsters. Another person in our party ordered the admirals feast. Talk about wimpy! The shrimp were tiny!! The scallops were the smallest I have ever seen!
I'm giving 3 stars because our waiter did everything he could and was very friendly. The cook, on the other hand, might think about taking a few more culinary classes.

“Will not be back”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We were in town shopping and seeing that most of the other restaurants were just as busy, and we haven't had seafood in a while, we decided to give RL a try.
The hostess said that the wait was about 30-45 minutes and they were spot on. The lobby was packed with some groups having approximately 11-15 people in them.
We finally got seated and we were starving. Luckily they already had some of those awesome biscuits waiting for us. Off to a little better start.

Our server showed up just seconds later and took our drink order. Sitting across from us was a large table with small children. It appears that they had already been waiting for a while for their food.

Our server took our order and then our salads showed up not too long after that. They looked a little skimpy in the large bowl but they were good and we were starving so that and two more rounds of biscuits hit the spot. Our server kept us filled on our drinks.

Wondering what Trip Advisor reviews were saying about the place, using my handy TA app on my phone, I quickly discovered that there were mixed reviews about this restaurant. There were 7 excellent reviews and 6 poor. So thinking about our experience so far, we determined that the 6 poor reviews were probably spot on and the 7 excellent reviews were the restaurant employees trying to cover up the bad reviews???

About 20 minutes later the manager came to our table and apologised for taking so long for our food. He said that they were swamped and the kitchen just can't keep up. We told him no problem. As long as we had our drinks filled and biscuits we could wait for our meal.

About 10 minutes later our food arrived. I ordered the Bar Harbour Lobster Bake which came in a casserole dish with a plastic cover over the dish. The cover had hard wate stains on it and didn't look very clean. The edge of the cover was broken. The contents of the dish included scallops, shrimp, mussells, and two very small bite sized lobster tails baked in a garlic white wine sauce with linguini pasta. The dish was very good, but I don't think it was worth $24.99!

My wife had a create your own platter with salmon, shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, and a baked potato. The salmon was dry and the potato was not done.

Total damage for the two of us with one water and one soda, $63.

Totally not worth the wait nor the quality of our food. Also the other reviews about hard water stains on the silverware, spot on!

It's hard to say that I won't be back but it's probably the truth. Sorry Red Lobster, your advertising campaign about "Seafood differently", well so do I, and I just can't seem to see it your way anymore!

Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts...

Denver, Colorado
“A favourite restaurant when we stopover in Lubbock”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A usual place for us to have dinner when we pass through Lubbock, this time we were joined by our grandson who is a student at Texas Tech. The manager Eduardo Guerrero made us welcome and was most gracious and attentive as was our server Tyler. We enjoyed the complementary buttered rolls and shared the appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. for entrees we enjoyed the fresh broiled cod with garlic-butter sauce, the coconut shrimp and grilled salmon and were rewarded with a complimentary cheesecake by the manager. We will continue to pay the Red Lobster a visit for dinner when next we are in Lubbock.

• Visited October 2013
Gruver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Selection”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

All foods deliciously prepared and professionally served. Staff goes all the way to make your visit special.

Visited September 2013