“Kamper Kabin”
Review of KOA Kampgrounds

KOA Kampgrounds
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lubbock
KOA Kampgrounds
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I rented a camper cabin for a couple of nights while in town for a wedding. For $39 a night the little cabin worked out well. There isn't a bathroom in the cabin, but it's a short walk to a very clean bathroom with decent showers. The campground was pretty full, yet really quiet for the most part. My cabin was right next to the tent area where a group of young adults partied all night long both nights. I have a feeling that is not the norm for this campground. I never saw any kind of security.

The flies were a bit of a problem, but the cabin had several fly strips that helped. The campground is right next to the train tracks, but luckily the A/C in my little cabin drowned out the train noises for the most part. I don't normally stay in KOA campgrounds because the sites are so packed together. It's more of a trailer park than a campground, but it sufficed for this trip.

The drive in movie theater is right around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was informed that because my RV (Airstream)was not a 2002 or newer that I wasnt able to get the monthly rate.I stay around the country and at other KOAs and have never been told this.I understand you have a right to refuse service but I to have rights also.I was even given other RV parks information to go to.Is this crazy or what.I travel with a large group of people for work and Ill pass my jears on to them also.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank d m
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Well, we plan to go to the mountains with our popup camper for Memorial day weekend, but trouble with the lights which led to burning out the light system in the pickup put a screeching halt. So with heavy heart turned around at our city limits of Artesia NM and headed home on Sat. evening. Grand daughter and us were very disappointed. Hubby suggested that we look for a cabin within driving distance. I checked by chance on the KOA in Lubbock and found this delightful Kabin Lodge and lo it was available and I booked right on line. It offered a queen and a bunk room with private bath, micro/fridge, ac, porch swing, grill, picnic table for same price at a motel 6. Of course you have to bring your own bed linens and towels, but I just grabbed them out of the camper. I had already packed our food, cooler and picnic supplies, and clothes etc. so we were pretty set to go. Called the KOA to confirm because I couldn't believe we were that lucky to get it, and talked with Claire...let her know we might be arriving after office hours and she let me know it was no problem. Got there at dusk and a map with our name was posted, found our cabin and still had time to make it to the drive in movies a mile away....The Stars and Stripes drive-in. Next day, we enjoyed breakfast in our room. G-daughter enjoyed playground and then the indoor pool. Hubby enjoyed the hot tub. They also have a small convenience store with bread/ milk/ ice etc. Also, ping-pong/horseshoes/basketball/volleyball is available. Park was crowded but very quiet. Shade trees through-out. Laundry open 24. We had a great time and I forgot to mention we were able to bring our weiner dog....just be sure to clean up after the doggies. We will be back.

Room Tip: be sure to get the "Kabin Lodge" and not the Kabin as it only has a bed and no bath...you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here on several occasions. Had doubts due to other reviews and decided to give it a try. Glad we did! Well run and friendly. Quiet and clean. Sites are level and fairly close together as are most sites in a KOA. All in all a great place to spend a night or two.

Last stay was in September 2011.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed here on our way from San Antonio to Santa Fe, mountain biking in between. The cabin was awesome. A/C was cold, restroom was clean and we had a tv, fridge and microwave. Queen bed was comfy. Definitely will stay here again. Great place for families. Didn't make it to the pool so can't comment on that. Seemed very popular though!

Room Tip: Request the Camping Lodge
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple