“Free Entertainment with Prairie Dogs as the Stars!”
Review of Prairie Dog Town

Prairie Dog Town
Ranked #6 of 54 things to do in Lubbock
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I loved watching these cute little animals and was impressed there is no fee to enter the park which in itself is worth visiting. This is not a glamourised zoo attraction. It is simply an area that has been left for the wildlife to be observed in their natural habitat. A break from the hustle and bustle of the town. Definitely worth seeing if you enjoy wildlife.

1  Thank Jean H

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I hadn't really seen prairie dogs until I came to Lubbock. These little guys have a whole field set aside for them in Lubbock and you can come and watch them go in one hole and come out another. The "Prairie Dog" town is set in a park, so you can exercise or let your kids enjoy the park when you are done. It's fun to take photographs and watch these creatures' activities.

1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

What else can I add? Bring something for them to eat if you want them to get close and be patient. The birds know the drill too so they will rake as much as they can get. If you stay right of the ball fields you'll find it. If you are at the golf course you are on the wrong side of the park.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stopped in here on our way through and we rolled up some bread slices as recommended in a previous TripAdvisor review. The prairie dogs were so cute running to get the bread and we enjoyed watching them. It is well worth a stop!

1  Thank Brooke L
Reviewed 10 October 2013

These cute little fellas could keep you amused for ages. They certainly got my crabby teenagers out of a bad mood, because you can't be cross at anyone when you are watching these funny little folk. We really loved it and I certainly will tell others to come and see it and have a chuckle at them.

2  Thank Maxine C