“fun for all ages”
Review of Prairie Dog Town

Prairie Dog Town
Ranked #6 of 53 things to do in Lubbock
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lived in Lubbock 46 years ago and had taken my children to visit many times and on one of those visits my 2 year old daughter hopped over the small stone separation what a time getting her back. Had my 7 year old great grand son with me this time, he thank goodness did not go over. he loved watching the babies running and chasing each other. I don't think it has changed since we were last there.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

If you're passing through Lubbock STOP HERE. Bring 5 slices of bread and throw them to the Prairie Dogs. Watch them hesitate then hurry to grab the bread with their two tiny hands and nibble nibble nibble until the bread is gone. Great way to enjoy time with the ones you love. Excellent place to come at the beginning of a date night with that someone special in your life.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stop to this quiet park on our way from Bozeman to Billings. We had time this day in our schedule for a fairly leisurely drive, and enjoyed making stops along the way. I found it in our tour book and we decided to stop by and we were glad we did. While the book said "thousands" of prairie dogs would be popping up out of their holes, we found it to be more like "dozens" but it was still good fun and the kids really liked it. We weren't too far from them, but binoculars helped, and I believe we made to much noise at first. Enter quietly!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I grew up in Lubbock and can remember this place as a kid. 3rd or 4th grade we took a field trip only remembered this place after taking a joy ride seeing our old neighborhood.
This place is where you would want to take not only kids but the young at heart. Was a pleasure to see with my wife and older sister.

2  Thank silvestre s
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A city park in the not so good area of town, there are signs directing you to Prairie Dog Town. It really is a concrete wall with one shaded area to watch these playful little critters. You can get pretty close to them for some cute pics, and they are becoming more used to humans, cute poses aren't hard to find. Not much here for the adults, but kids should find this amazing(I did!!). This park offers a lot in the line of tables,etc.,so a picnic and some sunscreen could make for the perfect afternoon out in Lubbock!

Been to Prairie Dog Town? Share your experiences!