“Excellent Cafe”

Ranked #2 of 610 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Cast Iron Grill is a busy restaurant nestled in downtown Lubbock. Our menu is filled with country cookin' specialties that are made from scratch. Our desserts are homemade every morning. Come Join us For Breakfast or Lunch Monday-Friday 6am-2pm We are also open Friday Nights for dinner from 5pm-9pm. Come enjoy the patio on friday nights with live music.TIP: Order Dessert First
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This unpretentious cafe knows what it's all about--very good food, quick pleasant service and attractive surroundings. We had the chicken salad sandwich and the daily special which was chicken pot pie with a salad side. They were both delicious. The friendly wait staff really move to get orders in and the food and drink on the table. With a glass of ice tea and tip the bill was about $22 for two.

Get there early. We arrived at 11:30 a.m. and were promptly seated. When we left at 12:10 the waiting line was out the door.

2  Thank texhills

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Was in town for Texas Tech move in for my son. Met some of my wifes relatives there for lunch. Great atmosphere and food. Plenty to eat and excellent quality. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Easy to see why it is rated number 1. You will be very happy.

1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Really good home style fresh food along with nice sized portions. When you walk in you immediately see the pies/desserts. Oh my gosh YUM. We were limited on time and our waitress was so helpful and friendly. We will definitely go back when in town again. Next time I should order dessert after I eat...... Or maybe not! Regardless you mush have their pie....

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Looked a little dubious when we turned up as it is situated near to a highway but once in our misgivings were blown away. Great atmosphere; it was 12.30 and the place was full, the service was A1 and the food was fantastic for the price. I would totally recommend this place to eat. If I lived in Lubbock I would be visiting the Cast Iron Grill regularly.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had a business meeting at Cast Iron Grill. I thought I would not like this place so close to a highway and with memories of Stubb's Bar-B-Que teasing my nostrils. Well, was i wrong. The food was "A"mazing -- yep, a capital "A"! Can't wait for my next piece of pie. Whew, this is one spot you gotta visit if you are in Lubbock.

1  Thank Lynn E