“EXCELLENT, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, DELICIOUS, SOME MANY ADJECTIVES TO DESCRIBE MY EXPERIENCE”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hello my name is Lisa and i'm from New York City , i was visiting my cousin, she's a student @ TX Tech. We went to the Pecan Grill on Valentine Day/NO reservations but we were accommodated anyway, which was great. I had the Lobster and Beef tenderloin w/the sweet potato enchilada w/roasted pablono cream sauce and my cousin had the West Texas Mixed grill Red Snapper topped w/Jicama melon relish also we tried the open flamed charred half shell Oysters served w/jalapeno hot sauce, limes & Overton's house made cheddar cheese crackers as an APPETIZER it was AWESOME, I'M GETTING HUNGRY AGAIN JUST WRITING THIS REVIEW LOL...If you're ever in this part of Texas make sure u stop by and try the PECAN GRILL AT THE OVERTON HOTEL....IT'S WORTH IT

Reviewed 17 February 2014

So, my three girlfriends and I ventured to Lubbock on a Valentines' weekend getaway trip to get immersed in a rustic and relaxed change of scenery. We had been hearing so much about the Overton Hotel and its gem: The Pecan Grill- that we had to try it... Wow, I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't have reservations, the staff was understanding and accommodated us anyway- with smiles and all the Southern hospitality I love about Texas. The food was sexy to the eyes, and heavenly to the taste buds. (Bucket List Item: you MUST absolutely try their Chocolate Cake with the Strawberry Champagne Sauce- its rich, decadent, flavorful, and the Champagne sauce is like nothing I've ever had before). I'm from Chicago and I know good food. So, I definitely have to tip my hat to the folks over at the Pecan Grill, they definitely aim to please.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We ate here after being in the car for 12 hours. Everything was nice. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The wine list was quite extensive and they had a nice selection of local wines. They also had a nice cocktail list.

In addition to some drinks, we had the steak and potatoes and the chicken and prosciutto. The food was good. It was prompt. The saffron grits that they served with the with the chicken was excellent. We also really enjoyed the bread, which was weird, but good. Pecans, jalapenos, and honey butter. Sweet and spicy and yummy. For dessert we had the bread pudding, which was excellent.

If ever we're in Lubbock again, we'll definitely stop.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We had high hopes and boy were they quickly dashed by the poor service and mediocre food. We were hungry and prepared to spend a good bit of money on dinner. We ordered the mac and cheese and a crab cake for appetizers. The crab cake came with a yummy sauce but that is where the good part ends. The mac and cheese tasted just okay, cheese sauce was kind of runny, nothing special. We also ordered a Caesar salad which was decent, we've had better. We both ordered the "meat and potatoes" dish (New York strip with roasted fingerling potatoes, and a garlic aioli). It's pretty hard to screw up a steak and potatoes dish, but somehow this place did that. We ordered our steaks medium and they came out well done, definitely overdone considering our preference. The steaks were also beyond salty! I could only eat half of mine because I couldn't handle the saltiness. We told the waiter that our steaks were overdone and salty, and he just gave us the "we have a new chef" excuse; not sure if that was true, but a great chef wouldn't need an excuse anyway. This steak dish was also served with about 4 tablespoons of kalamata olives, seemed like a waste because we didn't even touch them. The olives didn't add anything to the dish and the dish definitely didn't need any added sodium. Considering the cost of the meal it was very disappointing to be given such poorly cooked food. We were hoping dessert would improve the experience so we tried the bread pudding dessert. It was okay but nothing special. Someone created a great menu, but the "new" chef must not have read it. This restaurant and hotel are great at advertising themselves as something special and upscale, but unfortunately they don't live up to the promise of a great hotel and restaurant. The menu sounds very appetizing, however the kitchen is definitely not delivering what you order. If you've had the pleasure of enjoying true fine dining, this place will just be a huge disappointment. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose this restaurant for New Year's Eve breakfast because last year we came and had the best pancakes EVER anywhere!!! However, this year was a different story altogether. We were, of course, expecting the very same quality that we had before, but it was not even close. Each one of us chose something different, but nothing came anywhere close to what we had experienced the year before. So, needless to say, we were disappointed and saddened at the same time because this was not a cheap dining experience. The service was great and the environment lovely, but that did not make up for what was really mediocre food. So, we will not be rushing back there any time soon!