“Divine dining at the Pecan Grill!”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 588 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Mountain View, California
“Divine dining at the Pecan Grill!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

About two years ago on my last visit to Lubbock a co-worker and I discovered Pecan Grill. I decided that on my next visit I would be a smart traveler and stay at the Overton to enjoy the dining experience at the Pecan Grill. When staying at the Overton, there is no reason to venture off the property for dining. I ate in the restaurant on Easter Sunday night and had the most perfectly cooked rack of lamb. The next night, I ate at the bar and had the crab cake to start followed by the "Chicken Fried Chicken." This entree stole my heart and I want to recreate it at home. It was the most succulent thin fried boneless chicken breast stitting on a bed of baked potato salad and topped with spinach laced with course mustard and a bit of cream. It was so divine I paced myself and ate every bit.

• Visited April 2014

Austin, TX
“Quail was delicious”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed a great cocktail and the Quail while watching Baylor unfortunately beat up on Texas (basketball) on the flat screen TVs in the bar.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“EXCELLENT, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, DELICIOUS, SOME MANY ADJECTIVES TO DESCRIBE MY EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hello my name is Lisa and i'm from New York City , i was visiting my cousin, she's a student @ TX Tech. We went to the Pecan Grill on Valentine Day/NO reservations but we were accommodated anyway, which was great. I had the Lobster and Beef tenderloin w/the sweet potato enchilada w/roasted pablono cream sauce and my cousin had the West Texas Mixed grill Red Snapper topped w/Jicama melon relish also we tried the open flamed charred half shell Oysters served w/jalapeno hot sauce, limes & Overton's house made cheddar cheese crackers as an APPETIZER it was AWESOME, I'M GETTING HUNGRY AGAIN JUST WRITING THIS REVIEW LOL...If you're ever in this part of Texas make sure u stop by and try the PECAN GRILL AT THE OVERTON HOTEL....IT'S WORTH IT

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“You know good food when you and your friends talk about it long after the vacation.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

So, my three girlfriends and I ventured to Lubbock on a Valentines' weekend getaway trip to get immersed in a rustic and relaxed change of scenery. We had been hearing so much about the Overton Hotel and its gem: The Pecan Grill- that we had to try it... Wow, I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't have reservations, the staff was understanding and accommodated us anyway- with smiles and all the Southern hospitality I love about Texas. The food was sexy to the eyes, and heavenly to the taste buds. (Bucket List Item: you MUST absolutely try their Chocolate Cake with the Strawberry Champagne Sauce- its rich, decadent, flavorful, and the Champagne sauce is like nothing I've ever had before). I'm from Chicago and I know good food. So, I definitely have to tip my hat to the folks over at the Pecan Grill, they definitely aim to please.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We ate here after being in the car for 12 hours. Everything was nice. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The wine list was quite extensive and they had a nice selection of local wines. They also had a nice cocktail list.

In addition to some drinks, we had the steak and potatoes and the chicken and prosciutto. The food was good. It was prompt. The saffron grits that they served with the with the chicken was excellent. We also really enjoyed the bread, which was weird, but good. Pecans, jalapenos, and honey butter. Sweet and spicy and yummy. For dessert we had the bread pudding, which was excellent.

If ever we're in Lubbock again, we'll definitely stop.

• Visited December 2013