“It felt like I had my own secret breakfast place!”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 608 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Usually Sunday lunches are packed with the after church crowd but I felt like I had the whole place to myself - which was fine by me! There were a few other people in the dining room but I felt lucky to have first dibs on the Prime Rib and the crab stuffed fish. Delicious! My wife didn't go for the brunch and only had the breakfast buffet, which I tried too. The breakfast line is separate from the brunch line for those without a bigger appetite. It’s a typical 3 to 4 star hotel breakfast bar - with a make your own waffle station, an omelette chef where you choose your ingredients, and thick cut smoked bacon. The Brunch, however, was outstanding. I tore up that Prime Rib. It was a full roast that the chef slices per order and because there wasn't anyone there to judge - I asked for some thick cuts. And then I had me some seconds. And thirds. The chef didn't mind. He appreciates people that enjoy his food. I worked through that crab stuffed fish too - real crab - the fat, claw lump kind and not that imitation kind.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

About two years ago on my last visit to Lubbock a co-worker and I discovered Pecan Grill. I decided that on my next visit I would be a smart traveler and stay at the Overton to enjoy the dining experience at the Pecan Grill. When staying at the Overton, there is no reason to venture off the property for dining. I ate in the restaurant on Easter Sunday night and had the most perfectly cooked rack of lamb. The next night, I ate at the bar and had the crab cake to start followed by the "Chicken Fried Chicken." This entree stole my heart and I want to recreate it at home. It was the most succulent thin fried boneless chicken breast stitting on a bed of baked potato salad and topped with spinach laced with course mustard and a bit of cream. It was so divine I paced myself and ate every bit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed a great cocktail and the Quail while watching Baylor unfortunately beat up on Texas (basketball) on the flat screen TVs in the bar.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hello my name is Lisa and i'm from New York City , i was visiting my cousin, she's a student @ TX Tech. We went to the Pecan Grill on Valentine Day/NO reservations but we were accommodated anyway, which was great. I had the Lobster and Beef tenderloin w/the sweet potato enchilada w/roasted pablono cream sauce and my cousin had the West Texas Mixed grill Red Snapper topped w/Jicama melon relish also we tried the open flamed charred half shell Oysters served w/jalapeno hot sauce, limes & Overton's house made cheddar cheese crackers as an APPETIZER it was AWESOME, I'M GETTING HUNGRY AGAIN JUST WRITING THIS REVIEW LOL...If you're ever in this part of Texas make sure u stop by and try the PECAN GRILL AT THE OVERTON HOTEL....IT'S WORTH IT

Reviewed 17 February 2014

So, my three girlfriends and I ventured to Lubbock on a Valentines' weekend getaway trip to get immersed in a rustic and relaxed change of scenery. We had been hearing so much about the Overton Hotel and its gem: The Pecan Grill- that we had to try it... Wow, I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't have reservations, the staff was understanding and accommodated us anyway- with smiles and all the Southern hospitality I love about Texas. The food was sexy to the eyes, and heavenly to the taste buds. (Bucket List Item: you MUST absolutely try their Chocolate Cake with the Strawberry Champagne Sauce- its rich, decadent, flavorful, and the Champagne sauce is like nothing I've ever had before). I'm from Chicago and I know good food. So, I definitely have to tip my hat to the folks over at the Pecan Grill, they definitely aim to please.