“Great staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I spend about 80 nights a year in hotels. The friendly and helpful staff really made an impression on this jaded traveler. I did find the furniture in the suite to be worn and tired and in need of replacing. You will hear highway noise. The breakfast they serve is much better than most. I'll would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Amanda R, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

WOW, that is a lot of time spent away from home. We are happy that we are able to help make your travel journey a little easier while here in Lubbock. Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We look forward to spending more time with you next time you are in the Lubbock area.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Everyone is extremely nice. The clean rooms are nice and the furniture was very comfortable. The Lobby was very nice and clean, we enjoyed sitting by the fire. The beds were comfortable and soft sheets.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Homewood Suites in Lubbock. We know you have many places to choose from when traveling in this area so we are glad you were able to make yourself at home while staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Pal (CHEF) Joey is a former Marine who heads up their kitchen for nightly meals (Monday- Thursday). He is a great guy and cares about his customers. He also dubbs for morning duty and makes a mean piece of bacon! People here are friendly and want to be helpful. Only negative in a real positive environment is the business center. Only two desks and the printer is mostly on the fritz! Can't think why they wouldn't fix it? Are they not remembering that we who stay here are business folks... I will stay here again but if this isn't taken care of I will have to stay elsewhere

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words about Chef Joey. We are very blessed to have him as part of our team here at the Homewood Suites. As well thank you for your feedback on our buiness center, we will look into makeing improvements in that area. We look forward to your next stay with us here in Lubbock.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Good Afternoon,
I am wanting to let you know my night stay at your Home Woods Suite in Lubbock, Texas, was the 2nd worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When I check in to room #317, I like to inspect the room as I use to be a housekeeper for Hilton. I notice many problems the whole fan was thick with dust, the bathroom vent was thick with dust, the tub had a rust stain, and both mirrors were not crystal clear. Later in the night the television in the bedroom didn't work but the one in the living room did, so I slept in the sleeper sofa. I kept hearing the ice machine across the hall make noise. When I check out, I told this to the young man at front desk the problems that I had faced with my stay. He told me, "I have never had or heard any complaints about our housekeeping and the cleanliness of our rooms." As someone who has worked and going to school for this industry, I know you would never respond to a guest in that fashion. I didn't get, "I'm sorry about your stay or nothing." I know I will never stay at this property again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JPCourter
Amanda R, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I have received your comments from our Facebook page on your stay with us on March 15th. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We will be coaching our staff on these issues daily, especially the cleaning issues. I would be happy to speak to you in person about all these issues if you would like to contact me here at the hotel.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This seemed like a great place to stop on our way to Colorado. We were late in booking it, so we ended up with a King suite even though we are a family of 4. The biggest problem is that it was too noisy for a good night sleep. The noise was a combination of the highway noise and the heating unit that sounded like a freight train.

It might have been better in a room that did not face the highway.

The breakfast area was nice & clean and clearly this is a popular stopping place for families on their way to Colorado ski resorts during spring break. The staff was friendly as well.

For about the same price, however, we booked a room at a much more luxurious hotel (Overton) on the way home and slept much better. (Although, I'm sure there are times when the Overton is very pricey, making Homewood Suites a much better value - but it is worth checking first) .

Room Tip: Try asking for a room away from the highway as the highway side is VERY noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry your whole experience was not enjoyable. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've been big on Homewood Suites for a few years now. The separate rooms, the breakfast, the weekday meals included in the price...all of it works well for families. I've stayed at several Homewood Suites over the years, and this was one of the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Amanda R, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. Each employee enjoys being able to spend time with all our guest and help them feel more at home during their stay. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is always my first choic when considering accomodations when I travel. The rooms are clean with a pleasant decor, roomy and I am always greeted by friendly and accomodating staff. I highly recommend Homewood Suites in any city.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.