“Birthday stay”

Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Lewisville, Texas
“Birthday stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

My husband booked a night here for my birthday. We always like to stay at this embassy suites because of the updated rooms and great breakfast. The front desk was great, even remembered as wished me happy birthday every time we walked through the lobby. The parking situation wasn't great, being near a construction zone, but we were always able to find a spot.

• Stayed May 2012
Michelle T, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for your gracious and kind comments. We are happy to hear you are a loyal guest. We hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We're moving from Idaho to Austin, and this was our last overnight stop. The hotel is beautiful on the inside. My girls and I loved the grotto feel of the restaurant and breakfast areas. My girls (12 and 10) especially liked the koi ponds and fountains. The rooms themselves were very nice, although I've never been a fan of having the sink in the room itself--too easy to wake up other occupants in the night. My youngest (a heavy sleeper) slept on the hide-a-bed, and did fine. We all enjoyed the pool, and the cook to order breakfast was great.

The not so great: After driving 9 hours, I had no desire to have to leave the hotel for dinner, so we went to the restaurant. We sat at a table for at least 20 minutes, but nobody ever came by, even though we were looking at the menu that was left on the table. There weren't signs saying to order at the bar or anything, or to wait to be seated, so I was frustrated. A server came to the people at the table next to us halfway through our wait, and my girls thought they heard her say she'd be back to our table, but she never came. By this point I was angry and we decided to head to Chick-Fil-A just around the block. Probably a good thing over all, as I spent on all three of us what would have bought just two grilled cheese sandwiches at the hotel restaurant.

Pipes in the ceiling made a rhythmic knocking noise when people upstairs were using the shower. Finally, there were only two towels in the bathroom. I finally found a third one thrown into the under sink storage. I don't get it--a room that can sleep six, and it only has three towels?

Anyway, it was a really nice property, and I'd probably be willing to try it again to give the service another try.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor if you don't want to be right by the restaurant or breakfast area.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at the Embassy Suites Lubbock. We value your feedback and share new comments with our team each week.

Our goal is to 'wow' every guest and we're very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we apologize for letting the ball drop in several areas of your stay. We are committed to offering the best service and we would love to have the opportunity to discuss this off line. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - michelle@pearlhospitality.com

We hope you are getting settled in your new home in Austin. It is a wonderful city!

We do hope to have the opportunity to wow you on your next trip to Lubbock. I promise - we will WOW you.
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I would like to thank you for a wonderful stay while we were visiting family during Spring Break. A terrific breakfast with an extremely friendly staff. I did have to book a smoking room...that seemed to be all that was left. I was very impressed that even your smoking rooms were clean and didn't smell like smoke, kudos to your housekeeping department. My kids really enjoyed the pool too. Thanks again, we have certainly found our place for the frequent trips we make to Hub City to see our family.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind review. We have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department in their morning meeting and they were happy to hear you were impressed with the cleanliness of the suites. Great to hear we have a new frequent guest - we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We've stayed here several times through the years that my daughter attended Tech and has always been good. This time we stayed over spring break and there were scads on young children in town that ran up and down the hallways until very late each nite and into the wee hours of the morning. Management did nothing to curtail this. I informed management staff in the breakfast area of the late night noise and asked why the hotel was like disney on parade. They laughed it off and just said Lubbock was a popular spring break destination. Somehow I find that very hard to believe.....it's Lubbock! Parents were no better, undoubtedly overserving themselves as a result of the close quarters with their little angles for the weekend. Room amenities (shampoo, towels) were not replenished each night so we had to ask for them. They were however promptly supplied. There was no hairdryer in the room, again supplied when asked for. The morning breakfast was not the relaxing time with the newspaper that i'm use to at this property. Breakfast was cold, and items were sometimes empty. Again, parents, control your kiddos - they aren't near as adorable to everyone else as they are to you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and neighboring guests. I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Forney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Excellent breakfast! Room was large and clean and the staff were friendly and accomodating. I have stayed her several years ago, the service and rooms are still great! And the location is near several restaurants and Wal Mart. The only negative I can say about this hotel is the price. The only time I can stay here is when the price is at it's lowest.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the 5 Star Review! We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and are happy to see a loyal past guest. We look forward to your next visit to Lubbock!
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We had a few small bumps when we first checked in - no remote, no face towels, no water in the gym - but these were quickly remedied. We also had members of our group who did not pack as efficiently as they could have. Tothbrushes and razors were supplied with a friendly smile. Kudos to the management team for being so caring and efficient.

Much detail went into planning each area of this hotel. Our room was large and comfortable. My husband and I had a TV in our room so we could watch cooking shows and Dual Survival; my daughter, who slept on the sofa bed, had a TV in her room in case she became bored with her laptop, Iphone, or the book she was supposed to read during Spring Break for her Honors English class.

If you've ever been to Lubbock, Texas, you know the area is dry. It is so dry that as soon as I get to town, my skin shrinks up and I begin looking like raisin. Those lovely people at Embassy Suites have included water features in the atrium areas to infuse the air with moisture. After a long day touring the TTU campus, it was nice to sip wine in the atrium and schmooze with all the other parents doing campus tours.

The Manager's Reception, snacks and a complimentary beverage, was a great way to relax before going off to dinner. One night we stayed in and ordered room service. The food was ample and well prepared.

And oh that breakfast. Unlke the typical pastries and powered eggs, you could order an omelette or eggs cooked to your specifications. There was a selection of breads, including English muffins, my favorite. The coffee bar was stupendous and there was an assortment of add ins for the oatmeal.

Everyone was very attentive and we truly enjoyed our stay. This is one of the reasons I hope my daughter chooses TTU.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Michelle T, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for all of your kind words! We have shared your review with our team and they were excited to hear you had such a great stay with us. We hope your daughter selects Tech! We look forward to your next visit.
Clovis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

The staff is wonderful the rooms are spacious and very clean. Service could not have been better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Lubbock. Cook to order breakfast was great. The happy hour was a niece change since most hotels upcharge you at the bar. I can't brag enough about the staff and service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Michelle T, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you giving us a high recommendation!! We are always excited to log on and see such kind words. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!