“Friendly and considerate staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #49 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were in town for a wedding and had reserved a room online at another hotel because it stated in their description we could check in at noon and that would give us time to get ready for the wedding at 2pm. When we got there, we were told we could not check in until 3pm. We cancelled the reservation and went to 3 different hotels and no rooms were available til 2 or 3. When we got to the Comfort Inn, the clerk, Sarah, was so helpful and considerate. She checked her computer and said she could get us in a room which was just about ready. She went that extra mile to help us out and we appreciate that so much. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning helped us get going back home. Thanks alot and we will consider Comfort Inns first when we are needing a place to spend the night.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Kimberly T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Your comments are extremely valuable to us. I am excited to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and the services you received satisfied your needs. I am also thrilled to hear Sarah went above and beyond and was able to get you checked in early in order to make it to the wedding. She is a wonderful asset to our hotel. We hope to see you in the future and thank you for giving us this opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We arrived on July 17 around 4:45 pm. The front staff was very nice. I thought the room was clean. I did my usual air conditioner check with my flashlight and didn't see any mold--as I had in another hotel last year. I also did my usual bedbug check with the flashlight. Thank goodness I have never seen bedbugs in my hotel rooms. The mattress was not all that comfortable but I still got a pretty good nights sleep. The free breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolynCh3rry
Kimberly T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Your comments are extremely valuable to us. I am excited to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and the services you received satisfied your needs. I am also excited to hear that we passed your inspection!! =D We hope to see you in the future and thank you for giving us this opportunity.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for the weekend, the rooms were clean, although i dont think they should have the rubber mats for the tub, yes its good they keep you from falling; but are they cleaned with clorox to prevent foot germs from being transmitted. People at desk was very friendly, very helpful to get my lab top hooked up breakfast was good. although the cold cereals were limited only corn flakes. very quite. i would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you dont book with hotels.com the people there are very rude, they advertise things that a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mapowell

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the time our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Thank you for the suggestions. I would also like you to be aware that we do, in fact, clean the bath rugs with bleach each and every day. Also, our hotel offers three types of cold cereals which include; cocoa puffs, corn flakes, and fruit loops. Thank for giving us the opportunity and we hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here one night on a family road trip. We arrived about 10:30 pm at the hotel, and our room was ready with the correct number of beds.

Things that were not good:
-The thermostat on the room was set all the way up, and it took a long time for the unit to cool the room down to a comfortable temperature.
-The carpet and curtains are worn and need to be replaced. However, the sheets and towels were clean.
-The sensor on the elevator door doesn't seem to function, so the door closes quickly - older folks and children could be caught.
-Both icemakers in the building were broken, although one was actively being fixed and the other was supposed to be replaced the next day.

Things that were good:
-The wireless worked well.
-Free breakfast was great: well stocked, replenished as needed, several hot items that were edible.

We only paid $63 for this room, so all things considering it was a fair rate for what we got.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MALDRIDGERN

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the time our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Thank you for the suggestions and we have implemented corrective actions accordingly. We have also invested in two new ice machines and they are installed and are working great!! We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Had a very good stay on the last leg of a 3000 mile round trip to Yellowstone. The young lady working check-in was delightful, intelligent, helpful, and good humored. Asked her where we should have dinner, sent us to a GREAT Italian restaurant. Seemed not to mind at all as I showed her pics of bears, buffalo, a badger and of course Old Faithful. THANKS SARAH!

I made an erroneous post for comfort inn, saw others were not satisfied, did not understand how it could be! Then I got it...WRONG place . My bad.

I would stay here next time for sure!

J J

Room Tip: Upstairs is more quiet. If the elevator is ever out of order Sarah will carry your luggage upstairs...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jeff l
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Your comments are extremely valuable to us. I am excited to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and the services you received satisfied your needs. Sarah is a wonderful asset to our hotel and she constantly goes above and beyond in every situation. We look forward to your future stays and thank you for giving us this opportunity!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great location for dining, shopping, movie theater, etc. Scattered family in Texas all stayed (four rooms total) everyone very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick W
Kimberly T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Your comments are extremely valuable to us. I am excited to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and the services you received satisfied your needs. We look forward to your future stays and thank you for giving us this opportunity.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was nice when we first checked in. When we got to our room the bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned. The breakfast in the morning was good. We checked out and all seemed well until we checked our bank acount and realized they had charged us twice for the room. They charge a 15% refundable incidental fee for paying with a debit card and this was there explamation for being charged twice. It took me over a week to convince them they made a mistake and to get my money back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Kimberly T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Mathew,

Thank you for your review. I have researched your request and based on our records we are showing two separate charges for two different rooms. However, we have issued you a good faith credt for 1 room. Please let me know if you need any assistance with this.