“Pricy . Needs work”

Small tv.
Overpriced
Out of the way

Good breakfast.
Like so many, dark hot water for coffee

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Plano, Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past 3 years and each time has been a good stay. The room is pretty clean, it's not terribly noisy, Wi-Fi is good and the location is convenient to Tech and other places within Lubbock. The breakfast isn't so great, but it's easy to pick up a bagel and run if you need to. On my most recent stay, I found it strange that the room wasn't serviced at all. Not a big deal since I didn't want them to change the sheets, but picking up the dirty towels and trash would have been nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Leonard, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have had my company stay at this hotel several times over the past few years on business trips to Lubbock. This is a nice clean hotel that is in a great location for business on the campus or the hospitals in Lubbock. It seems to be showing signs of age and not enough updating but it will be my choice for my next visit also. Only problems my group had was with the old plumbing in the rooms. They need to change it all out it seems. An upgrade on the mattresses would be good also. Its still a good choice for the area. The room I was given had no internet reception. If you need wifi you need to check if your room is close enough to receive it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Jack2148
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

During September and October, my wife and I stayed a number of times at this La Quinta Inn and Suites. Although probably built in the 1980s, the Inn is well maintained. It has a large and open indoor plaza/atrium that provides an impressive introduction to the building as one enters the hotel. The Inn's proximity to Texas Tech University and several local hospitals is a real advantage for guests seeking to be close to one of these facilities.

That rooms that we stayed in during our visits were clean and had all of the basic necessities. They included new television sets with access to many cable channels, but did not have a refrigerator or microwave oven. To avoid elevators and problems with luggage, I suggest requesting a room on the first floor.

This La Quinta Inn does not have a separate restaurant, but several restaurants are within walking distance. My "Review Comments" evaluation under the "Restaurant" ratings below are based on experiences with La Quinta's popular "Bright Side Breakfast."

I found the staff to be most helpful and friendly. Quickly and professionally, they handled the very few minor problems I had related to my stays at this Inn. Their interest in making my stay a pleasant and relaxing one was very evident. Certainly, their attention to detail and friendly service added to the enjoyment of my stay.

During 2011 my wife and I have stayed at 5-6 different Lubbock hotels/motels/inns. For "value received," I would rate the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Lubbock's West Center Medical District as "the best" accomodations I have had in Lubbock. With room rates ranging between $60.00 and $90.00 per night (except for "Special Events" nights such as football weekends) and including a full breakfast, visitors are able to experience very comfortable accomodations at a reasonable price. Based on my recent stays at this La Quinta Inn and Suites, I will stay again during upcoming visits to Lubbock.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CPGTheATeam
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Loved this place. Arrived a little late and the clerk treated me like a long lost friend. "We are so glad you have arrived, we have been looking for you." So personable. Room was on 4th floor but was not a problem because they had luggage cartes and loaded everything on and took up the dog and all was right with the world. Had a nice breakfast. Fruit, yogurt, coffee. Easy to find easy access back to our route. Most definitely would recommend this place

Room Tip: This place was great.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed here during a Texas Tech football weekend so the prices were higher than normal at $168 per night. Since it was an "Event Weekend" the front desk clerk informed us that check in is around 3pm but of course they expect you to check out at 12 noon. No big deal because you can do a late check out at 2pm. Pretty typical stuff for most hotels.

The entire hotel is big and spacious the rooms are decent sized. But the hotel looks probably the same way it did in 19888 as far as decor. There is a pool outside and they have a continental breakfast area in the lobby with plenty of couches and seating for everyone to visit.

Problems: Called soon after check in to let them know that the wall around the toilet and floor look as though someone had puked and housecleaning half cleaned it up. I also informed them that the smoke detector was beeping loudly. After I hung up we left for the day and did not return until about 1030 pm. The bathroom was still nasty and the smoke detector was still beeping. I pulled the battery out of the detector and lived with the bathroom. We were just staying for one night so I left it alone. When I woke to shower in the morning I called the desk and they said they apologize. I took a shower and the tub was stopped up.

We stayed here because everything in town was booked due to the Tech game. If we came again and this was the last place we would stay here again. But there are many many better options in this town so make this one last resort.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family